4 Posts

Stratego Waterloo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prussians forced to suicide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jo Lo
msg tools
Hello everybody,

Suppose I do succeed in occupying the two squares in front of the Prussian flag with two pieces of strength “6”, does this mean the Prussians are forced to commit suicide when they are forced to enter the game?
Thank you for the answer,
Jolo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason St.Just
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jolouppen wrote:
Hello everybody,

Suppose I do succeed in occupying the two squares in front of the Prussian flag with two pieces of strength “6”, does this mean the Prussians are forced to commit suicide when they are forced to enter the game?
Thank you for the answer,
Jolo

Hey there Jo!

No, It means:

A. that your other flank is without the strong pieces of 6 and thus very vulnerable to attack ;-)

B.that I'd love to get my artillery on both those pieces of '6'.

C. If there are Prussian pieces on the board already, those can be played with...

Only IF none of the above apply: then yes, but it won't last longer than one turn of sacrifice... (It's been tested ;-))

If that is a strategy you would want to use, then I would suggest putting pieces of 4 or 5 there - keeping your strong pieces of 6 in the main battle. The Prussian pieces are not all that strong. At the same time, this strategy will have little effect in the long term as the Prussian pieces are added to the game in order to maneuver behind the French lines - they are fast units, not fighting units (except for the commander Von Bulow and the Prussian regulars).
Remember that it is late in the game at that time: the 13th turn...chances are, that the French will need all the troops they got in order to emerge victorious at that point.
Time is and remains on the Allied side...

In any case: nice thinking and...historically correct!

Kind regards,
Jason St.Just
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Lo
msg tools
Thank you for your answer Jason,

we were still playing at the basic level with lots of strategical errors. At one stage of the battle the situation I mentioned above occurred (so sad for my poor counterpart). Good to know that this little trick won’t last when we play better.

Great game and so nice of you to respond to our questions!
Thank you,
Jo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason St.Just
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jolouppen wrote:
Thank you for your answer Jason,

we were still playing at the basic level with lots of strategical errors. At one stage of the battle the situation I mentioned above occurred (so sad for my poor counterpart). Good to know that this little trick won’t last when we play better.

Great game and so nice of you to respond to our questions!
Thank you,
Jo

At your service Jo!
But I did give a little strategy away...
Bad of me whistle

Kind regards,
Jason St.Just

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.