Hide
4 Posts

King Down» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions about the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max
msg tools
I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers on this forum.

1. To begin the game you should "select from the pack and put into your hand two unit cards with pawn symbol". Do you really select them (as in you decide which cards you get) or do you just randomly take two out of four pawn unit cards?

2. You can only have 10 cards in hand. What happens if you have to draw an extra card?
a. A card goes directly to the pawn shop.
b. A card goes directly to the ditch.
c. You draw a card, then decide which one of 11 you want to discard to the pawn shop.
d. You draw a card, then decide which one of 11 you want to discard to the ditch.
e. You don't draw at all.

3. Interaction between Shield and Burn spells. If I try to take a shielded unit using the Burn spell, I only have to pay King toll, move toll and capi toll (reduced by 1), don't I?

4. If I put Shield spell on my King, does it mean that the opponent will have to pay King toll twice?

5. How exactly does Frostbite spell work?
a. Any unit in range of the affected unit at the moment of playing this spell can not move.
b. Any unit in range of the affected unit can not move.

Let me illustrate the difference with a simple example. Say I have my King on e4, I play frost bite on him. The enemy pawn is on f6. It can move to f5 (since it was out of range), but can it move any further?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb O
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. I shuffle and randomly take two pawn cards. Then shuffle them, the other unit cards and the spell cards together, and draw 1.

2. e. You don't draw at all.

3. I'll let someone else answer that, I'm not sure.

4. Yes.

5. I believe it will be any unit within range at the end of your turn. So you can't play it, bounce around the board and freeze all other units. As for units moving INTO that unit's range during their town, I'm not sure. Again, will let someone else clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Zehnder
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I'm especially interested in the Frostbite one. I, too, would say it's at the end of your turn since the cards and spells stay in place. But i wonder if it's possible to "block" the way. For example Frostbite your Rock and create a line which the enemy can't cross in his turn, only move into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify Frost Bite:
From the moment you play the spell, and as long as the spell in in-play, the units in range cannot move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.