Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
7th Annual Pre Pre Con Monday Night Gaming

The Carrolton TX Gaming Group will hold their seventh annual pre-Con Monday night gaming session for the true early birds who arrive on or before Nov 16th. Just one game (like an appetizer, but not those fried cheeze sticks you regret later). The location is just up the highway from the Hyatt, so if you are checking in early, join us for beer, games, chili, and often Canadians.

In the past we have played Union Pacific, Formula D, Cosmic Encounter, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Shadow Hunters, and 7 Wonders

This year we will play Mysterium

We will start around 6:00pm in the evening on Monday 11/16.

Texas chili will be on the stove and beer in the fridge. Team Geek is always welcome after a day of toting and lifting the Library into place. We have plenty of food, and even more fun ready to roll.

It's our way of welcoming you to town. Post to the thread if you are interested, and we will send you directions.

Also, we will be giving away a free copy of Mysterium New in Shrink.

Link to last year's thread: Sixth Annual Pre Pre-Con Monday Night Gaming (for the early early birds).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Seventh Annual Pre Pre-Con Monday night gaming (for the early birds)
FYI -- We are changing venues this year; post a note if you are planning on coming, so I can send you directions to the new place. It is only another few blocks, so it is still close to the airport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We are giving away a copy of Mysterium new in shrink after dinner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Munoz
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Count me in. I will need directions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, I'd like to come up. We live in Bedford, if locals are okay, too. We could swing through the airport and pick some people up if they need rides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Locals are always welcome. I'll send directions and keep you on the list for taxiing fellow travelers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome I'm up in Dallas starting this coming Monday through the con so this will give me something fun to do one night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Bengtsson
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcooperok wrote:
The location is just up the highway from the Hyatt, so if you are checking in early, join us for beer, games, chili, and often Canadians.
And sometimes Swedes!

...Room for one more? I might need transportation from the Hyatt though. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lucas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Beer Please!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be in Dallas starting Saturday and have MOnday wide open. We are interested in coming to this event. I was wondering if there is a game shop near the location this is going to be held? Then we can hang out there until 6pm playing games .

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh also i will need the address in case it wasn't obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even more games? Sounds like fun!

I'll be in the area, I'm driving in to the Dallas area by Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ostrander
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am local to Carrollton, I am interested in joining the game night and possibly the gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike L wrote:
My wife and I will be in Dallas starting Saturday and have MOnday wide open. We are interested in coming to this event. I was wondering if there is a game shop near the location this is going to be held? Then we can hang out there until 6pm playing games .

Mike

Generation X is near the West side of the airport. Not terribly far. I believe there are some Carrolton stores, but I'm more familiar with Gex-X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
writingwords wrote:
Mike L wrote:

Mike

Generation X is near the West side of the airport. Not terribly far. I believe there are some Carrolton stores, but I'm more familiar with Gex-X.

Generation X is off of SH 121 and Harwood Rd. They recently moved to this location which has been a definite step up from where they used to be.

If you have time you should check them out since they are relatively close to the airport as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lucas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Beer Please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up about Gen-X. We will have to check it out.

BTW, I was wondering is this event just to play 1 round of Mysterium? Or is it an all evening gaming thing?

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mike L wrote:

BTW, I was wondering is this event just to play 1 round of Mysterium? Or is it an all evening gaming thing?

Mike

We generally play a couple. It's the chili and beer and conversation and meeting new folk we really look forward to.

I'll get a GM with the address to all the folks who ressponded.

Also there is a game store just right around the corner. Roll to Play in Coppell.

Welcome all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bcooperok wrote:
Mike L wrote:

Mike

We generally play a couple. It's the chili and beer and conversation and meeting new folk we really look forward to.

I'll get a GM with the address to all the folks who ressponded.

Also there is a game store just right around the corner. Roll to Play in Coppell.

Welcome all.

GM's sent. Bark at me if you didn't get an address or need a ride from the hotel (we have plenty of folks around the area who can pick you up and get you here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Room for any extra Canadians? Every year I come down, and every year I tell myself that this is the year I'll go to the pre-con gaming and chili thing...

I'll likely need a lift from the Hyatt if that can be arranged...Haven't talked to my wife to see if she's in or not, but I would guess she is in too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nodecam wrote:
Room for any extra Canadians? Every year I come down, and every year I tell myself that this is the year I'll go to the pre-con gaming and chili thing...

I'll likely need a lift from the Hyatt if that can be arranged...Haven't talked to my wife to see if she's in or not, but I would guess she is in too.

Of course. I will send you the address and information on scheduling a ride over from the hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Bengtsson
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcooperok wrote:
Nodecam wrote:

Of course. I will send you the address and information on scheduling a ride over from the hotel.
+ 1, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls