Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the original thread, but someone posted a Heroscape deal on Amazon back in August. The deal was for a "Heroscape Expansion Set Assortment" for $9.99, and a "HEROSCAPE Game System Large Expansion Set" for $19.99. I remember there were questions on what sets were included, but several people (like me) decided to take a chance to see what they got.

In November, my order was delayed, and was scheduled to arrive a few days after Christmas. Just today, I got another email saying the order had been delayed, and the new estimated shipping date is in March. But if I go to the Amazon site, these items don't appear for sale at all anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GB8IOI/103-5867497-9582...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GBA5ZS/103-5867497-9582...

Is anyone else in the same boat? Part of me wants to leave the order open out of curiosity, to see how many times it will get delayed before they cancel it. The sensible part of me says just to cancel and be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I was one one those who signed up for this originally, and then canceled after the first delay. So I'm sorry I'm not directly responding to what you want to know. However, I find it interesting that I have bought both of the expansions from Amazon within that time period at the straight $19.99 price with free shipping. I got the Heroes set and two of the Tundra set. So Amazon has had both of these available and could have shipped them out if they were going to follow through with this deal.

The odd thing was they seemed to have a rather small number of the Tundra sets. One morning I saw they were available, talked to the wife about getting them for the kids and when I came home that night they were out of stock. 5 Days later I look again, and they were available again but listed as Only 3 left in stock. (I bought two.) Those shipped from Washington state and I live in PA. Most of my other Amazon purchases come from Delaware or Philly, so they seem to have a rather erratic supply.

I of course was just happy to get the Tundra sets which I have never seen in a brick and mortar store. Free shipping and no sales tax was just an added benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After placing the original order in August, getting the December delay notice, and another one for March, I finally cancelled the order yesterday. Seems evident to me that Amazon either had a mistaken listing, or has no intention of filling the order. My guess would be the former, I've never had any significant problems with them after many years of business.

Now I've got to track down a couple "replacement" tundra sets at a decent price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I extended mine... its not like I have anything to lose. But like the other guys said, I'm fairly sure they're either trying to weed people out and then only have to follow through with as few sets as possible or they simply don't intend to honor that listing.

I just wish, if either is the case, that they'd step up and offer some other deal that would be worth about the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
They sent me delayed order requests over and over... I finally let it auto-cancel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Vinson
United States
West Point
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order still shows as 'open' with an estimated delivery date of January 18, 2007. Although this was going to be a Christmas present, it would still be nice if they honored the offer.
At this point I'm not too optimistic, but mostly curious to see what Amazon is going to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm leaving mine open, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst!

I hope if they have no intention of honoring the deal, they would be upfront and not delaying for no reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My order was supposed to arrive on January 5. Just received a note saying that it would be March. I opted to retain the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Vinson
United States
West Point
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Amazon finally killed the twice-extended, 'the-kids-will-like-that-for-Christmas', 'too good to be true' order today.
shake
This is not unexpected. [Would have been more impressed if they had admitted that the items never really existed and this is just a database error, though.]

Quote:

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
items from your order:

"Heroscape Large Expansion Set Asst"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GB8IOI?tag=article-boar...

"Heroscape Expansion Set Assortment"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GBA5ZS?tag=article-boar...

Though we had expected to be able to send these items to you, we've
since found that they are not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a note from Amazon saying they are unable to fulfill the order and are cancelling it. Too good to be true and all that, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto that... I was hanging on hoping that there would be some consolation prize for having faith. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McBride
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the same nasty gram about the items not being available. I wonder if they called Hasbro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon just doesn't care about customer service. These items have been available in mass quantities from many sources for several months now. Amazon simply realized they had not included enough profit margin in their prices so they canceled all of our purchases. They should have sucked it up and honored their deal. This is one regular Amazon.com customer who won't be ordering books etc. from them any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same email sent to me. I didn't expect anything more, but I'm disappointed that Amazon didn't cancel the orders much, much earlier, rather than stringing us along with hope that it might be fulfilled.

Oh well. You know what they say, if the deal is too good to be true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.