Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am assuming that the Allied player must do the same type of impulse for both the Prussian and Anglo-Allied side. So, if he passes, he gets a pass action for both armies, etc.

Can he still do a tactical activation (say) with the Prussians if the AA's do not activate any leaders?

Thanks for answering this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

thanks for pointing out this interesting situation.

6.2 says that to perform a Tactical Action a Side (thus i.e. the Allies) must activate at least one Tactical Leader with a Tactical Value Greater than 0. This may be a Prussian or a British Tactical Leader.

Hope this helps.

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
ULTIMO wrote:
Dan,

thanks for pointing out this interesting situation.

6.2 says that to perform a Tactical Action a Side (thus i.e. the Allies) must activate at least one Tactical Leader with a Tactical Value Greater than 0. This may be a Prussian or a British Tactical Leader.

Hope this helps.

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
SIDE not FACTION.....we got that one RIGHT Whoot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies.

The subtle heart of my question is:

What happens with the non-activating ally? Do they do nothing? Can they do a pass action?

I guess that I would like this situation to be more explicitly handles....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
sharpe1813 wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

What happens with the non-activating ally? Do they do nothing? Can they do a pass action?

So what you want to know is can the Allies use both Blucher and Welly to activate leaders? Thus if both had 4 stars activate 4 of Wellington leaders and 4 of Prussian leaders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpe1813 wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Dan,

I had the feeling that there was something more!

The not-activating ally can just watch or activate an already spent Tactical Leader (Heart Level) just to have an extra combat.

By the way, once the Prussians have shown up, Napoleon will start having tough times.

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, let me sum up with several examples:

1) The Anglo-Allied passes; therefore, the Prussian faction MUST pass. This is correct?

2) The Prussian fraction decides to activate, one leader; the Anglo-Allied Faction decides to activate four leaders. This is correct?

3) The Prussian faction decides to activate, one leader; the Anglo-Allied faction, according to designer's response, can activate one leader at heart level. This is correct?

Much prefer to have the Anglo-Allies play as follows: If no tactical leader with at least two stars activates, then no leaders may activate for that faction regardless of what the Prussians do. This, I think, follows the intent of the rules. The Allied armies should be considered separate except for having to do the same general action (pass for pass; strategic for strategic, and tactical for tactical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules seem to say that a side has to activate at least one non-heart leader, not each faction.

However, I seem to remember an earlier thread (I will look for it when I return home) that each faction for the Allies had to activate at least one tactical leader in a tactical option - thus if the Prussians activated tactical leaders, the Anglo-Allies had to activate one as well, because not activating a tactical leader is a pass. So they could not sit and do nothing. This is one of the more challenging aspects for the Allied player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls