Forge War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special Tiles and Champions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alie Alexandross
msg tools
mb
Good day to everyone!
After seven or eight normal solo games, I tried an epic variant. Finished with 387 points with easiest deck and full of emotions
I like normal solo too, but champions' abilities make the game different. Anyway,
I'm not sure about some rules and need your help to clarify them.

Special tiles
According to rulebook page 6 there is only one bonus tile during I-stage, that's placed on 4+5 rounds.
Quote:
Epic game only (optional): Shuffle the 15 bonus tiles and randomly place 1 tile face-up on top of rounds 4 and 5 of stage 1, place 2 tiles...

But on page 26 mentioned also round 3 as tile resolving.
Quote:
At the end of every 3rd round (3, 6, etc.), after the quest phase but before any change of stage, a bonus tile will be encountered on the round track and should be resolved

- Do I put bonus tile on rounds 1+2 too, or resolving rounds are {6 I-stage, 3,6 II-stage, and 3,6 III-stage}?
Seems to me - the second option, but want to be sure.

Champions
Page 21:
Quote:
Commanding: After this champion is applied to a quest, whenever an additional adventurer is applied to the same quest, this champion applies +1 weapon power to his equipped weapon.

- If I send two champions with commanding skill on quest, do they boost each other?

Page 20:
Quote:
Charming: When a player starts a quest and applies this champion to it, the player receives 1 gold from the supply instead of paying the acquisition cost (see page 21). This champion’s ability can only be used a subsequent time once the quest on which it was last used is completed or failed.

- Do I receive +1 gold for every quest, where charming champion applied, or only those, I have to pay for?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Blazquez Garcia
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commanding: you can't have two champions with the same ability.

I'm not sure in the other questions, wait for someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For the bonus tiles, the bonus tile covering rounds 4+5 is resolved at the end of round 3, because that when it is encountered on the round track.

Jorge is correct that you cannot have 2 champions with the same title.

And for the charming champion, you get the 1 bonus gold no matter where the quest is on the track (whether it costs 0, 1 or 2 gold).

Let me know if you need more clarification. (Also congratulations on your solo victory!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alie Alexandross
msg tools
mb
Thanks for your quick answers, guys!

You're right, Jorge. Somehow I've found this point only now:
Quote:
There are 20 titles, and each player can only have 1 champion with each title.

Isaac, seems I got those tile rules wrong. Do I have to resolve bonus tiles before starting a round, they're cover on board?
As example: resolving I-stage 4+5 tile during round 3 (as you said), and II-stage 1+2 tile during round 6.

Quote:
Also congratulations on your solo victory!

Thanks, but it still far from 600 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Alie Alexandross wrote:
Do I have to resolve bonus tiles before starting a round, they're cover on board?
As example: resolving I-stage 4+5 tile during round 3 (as you said), and II-stage 1+2 tile during round 6.

Yes, this correct, it happens during that round at the very end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alie Alexandross
msg tools
mb
Everything is clear now laugh
Thank you so much! Great game, by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.