Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the list of hexes from the Best of Dragon map. I won't attempt to 'draw' the map here since creating it is more fun. When I have time, space and inclination, I will take a picture of the set that my wife made on wooden hexes. It's really gorgeous!

Desert (9)
Vanishing Oasis
4 plain
4 straight roads (enter and exit on opposite sides)
Clear (11)
The Inn of Nobnodd
Grenger Castle
Imperial Castle
Midland Castle
Village of Nebbswitt
Fragon Birg
Revar Castle
1 plain
1 straight road
1 gradual curved road (enter and exit with one edge between)
1 y left road (one side has gradual to left and straight)
Swamp (8)
Village of Despin
3 plain
3 gradual curve
1 straight
Forest (13)
Wizard's Tower
Elvindale
6 plain
2 straight
1 gradual
1 y right
1 sharp turn (adjacent edge enter and exit)
Waste (6)
Village of Saltz
2 plain
1 straight
2 gradual curve
Mountains (27)
Pirate Lair
The Monastery
The Walled City
Flaming Demon
Village of Mohg
Village of Scrab
Mines of Zerta
13 plain
3 gradual
2 sharp
1 y left
1 peace sign road (every other side connected)
Sea (16)
16 plain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Map Pieces
qzhdad (#18630),

Thanks for the hex inventory. That was a lot of work. I didn't realize there were so many different types.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Waiblinger
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmb
As Tom Wham stated in the "Best of Dragon" box:
"West End, however, choked on the enormous number of die-cut hexes I wanted for the game (and a few other things), so I got the design back" shake

After all it's sad that the original design is lost, as those hexes aren't particularly beautiful.

I would be very interested to see your self-made set of hexes, probably that's the way to go. Maybe even with 3D modelling. cool
Ohh well I forgot about storing 90 hexes with 3d elements, damn that I'm not an artist after all.

What's the deal about the size? the original board seems to be 2pages of the Magazine while the box's map is a 2x4 grid of a magazine page (don't want to confuse any letter/A4 measures so I take the mag's size as reference).
Are chits of that different size or could the hexes really be scaled down?
I'd love to have the original bord for a default game and the hexes to make up the board as part of the game.
Is it after all possible to play the game with the new chits (which are black and white ) and the original board?
What about the numbers on the original board, do they count as that many "hexes" or do they state how far one can travel, that would be a real difference toward the boxed version.

So many questions ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.