Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been a change to the behavior of subscriptions in regards to Geeklists?

TLDR: Skip to my reply below. My example illustrates what I'm talking about far better than my rambling explanation below (which I've now slapped in a spoilter tag).

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It used to be that a subscription for a geeklist that has had multiple items add/changed: I'd click the subscription and it would take me to a page of the geeklist. Let's say 5 of the new update/changed items were on that page. If I go back to my subscription page, I'd see the number of items unread deducted by 5.

I could then click the link again and go to another page with one or more added/changed items.

As of the last day or so, if I click the link once, I go to some of the items, but when I go back to my subscriptions, the item entry is completely removed.

This means that on a huge Geeklist, like the ones that track Kickstarters, etc, I have no way of knowing WHERE the added/changed items are.

Is this an expected change in behavior? A bug? I thought I was just making a mistake for a day or two, but now I'm seeing it do this consistently.

Thanks for any insight. Sorry, for the lousy explanation. I found it harder to explain this than I would have thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not new.

If all of the new entries are on the same page, they all get cleared when you go to that page. If you go back and see all new items gone, just go forward and scroll the page to see the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
No, it's not new.

If all of the new entries are on the same page, they all get cleared when you go to that page. If you go back and see all new items gone, just go forward and scroll the page to see the others.

Thanks, but that's not the behavior I'm seeing.

Say I have 10 items in my subscription. 6 are on page 2 of the Geeklist and 4 are on page 3.

If I click the subscription link, I see the 6 new items highlighted in red. PREVIOUSLY, if I go back to my Subscription page, the sub for that Geeklist would show a value of 4 items. If I clicked again, it would take me to the next page with new items.

NOW, when I go back, the sub item is gone, as if I've seen all 10 items.

So this is a change. The question is if this change is on purpose, if it's a bug, or if I've somehow changed a setting somewhere. I'm 99% sure I haven't changed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, a bug then, or some browser interaction.

I'll keep an eye on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Works for me like it always has (just now on the thrift list).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me, at least for Geeklist comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to work as it always has for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... Maybe it's a strange browser interaction. Sometimes things go weird, but this has been ongoing for several days, so I wondered if it was a site change.

Such mysteries!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls