Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Automobiles» Forums » General

Subject: Retail Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know when this will be hitting retail? I know it will be at Essen, but I wasn't sure if there would be a short wait after for it to hit shelves.

Really looking forward to this one.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not official but I would suspect it would be available over here before the end of Oct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Bungartz
Germany
Bornheim
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not today in Essen, eventually, tomorrow.
Stuck in the Customs. cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this? Was it released at Essen? I demand information!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff Inc says January 2016. Cardhaus says November 30 2015. Bummer, wish it was sooner. Looks like fun.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pestered the life out of the stand at Essen and I just got the same reply, 'It's stuck in customs and will be here tomorrow'. Sure enough that's what they said the next day as well. Now it transpires that other people got similar stories but one who left details was promised free delivery to the UK and a free copy of Planes. So far apparently nothing has arrived.

I mailed AEG direct, sympathising with the customs glitch and asking if I could order from them direct. This was the prompt but frankly baffling reply;

Hey Nick,

It's unfortunate to hear about that! You can try your local hobby store to see if they carry it or you can always check our website and order it directly. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please let me know!
Kevin W
Customer Service
customerservice@alderac.com


So I mailed straight back pointing out that no shops had it yet and it wasn't for sale on their website. Could they send me details of their European distributors or Essen agents (who had hopefully got their stock out of customs by now)? My guess was that their first answer had been a shooting from the hip reply from a guy who hadn't looked into this at all. Who knows because I've heard nothing since.

Come on AEG, at least let us know whats occurring.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to close the door on this, the following are further mail exchanges with AEG;

Dear Mr Case,

We offered starting Oct 10th a sale at our booth for the game + shipping and handling inside the EU for the sum of 50€

I do not see your name on the list of customers who have signed up for said sale, however.

Best Regards,
Nicolas Bongiu
Operations Lead
Alderac Entertainment Group

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for the reply. You are right my name isn’t on your list because I didn’t know the offer existed. I was a (very) regular visitor to your stand on the Thursday and Friday but went home on the Saturday so if 10th October was the start date for the sale I would have known nothing about it. Like I said my last conversation with your stand was 9th October.

Is that offer still available? If so when do you envisage delivery?

Kind Regards

Nick Case

Dear Mr Case,

Unfortunately, the offer was only available during the show as we are a US company and now have gone back there with the exact amount of copies that people signed up for left behind for fullfillment.
I’m very sorry that we couldn’t get you signed up so that you could receive the product as well.

We do appreciate your interest in the game and our line of products.

Best Regards,
Nicolas Bongiu
Operations Lead
Alderac Entertainment Group

OK so I missed the boat at the show, but to offer no alternatives? I guess they think I don't deserve it. Perhaps they are right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
And just to close the door on this, the following are further mail exchanges with AEG;

Dear Mr Case,

We offered starting Oct 10th a sale at our booth for the game + shipping and handling inside the EU for the sum of 50€

I do not see your name on the list of customers who have signed up for said sale, however.

Best Regards,
Nicolas Bongiu
Operations Lead
Alderac Entertainment Group

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for the reply. You are right my name isn’t on your list because I didn’t know the offer existed. I was a (very) regular visitor to your stand on the Thursday and Friday but went home on the Saturday so if 10th October was the start date for the sale I would have known nothing about it. Like I said my last conversation with your stand was 9th October.

Is that offer still available? If so when do you envisage delivery?

Kind Regards

Nick Case

Dear Mr Case,

Unfortunately, the offer was only available during the show as we are a US company and now have gone back there with the exact amount of copies that people signed up for left behind for fullfillment.
I’m very sorry that we couldn’t get you signed up so that you could receive the product as well.

We do appreciate your interest in the game and our line of products.

Best Regards,
Nicolas Bongiu
Operations Lead
Alderac Entertainment Group

OK so I missed the boat at the show, but to offer no alternatives? I guess they think I don't deserve it. Perhaps they are right.


It seems like it's going to hit retail really soon - part of the issue here might just be a language barrier. I've worked with AEG on some issues in the past and they are really great people, so don't feel snubbed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Eisele
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Due to shipping issues, the official retail date is January.

However, we will have some advance copies at BGGCon.


There were indeed some advance copies sold, some might be hitting secondary (ebay/marketplace) soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, could we get a new updated release date for USA? I'm very interested in this game and would like to know a more specific date than January 2016 if possible.

Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
I'm very interested in this game and would like to know a more specific date than January 2016 if possible.


January 2016 is kind of specific in the board game universe. Often publishers will say early 2016, or first quarter. In this case, it's narrowed down to a month.

On my end, I'm going to assume that it means by the end of January, and if it shows up any day earlier, it will be a happy day.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
robininni wrote:
I'm very interested in this game and would like to know a more specific date than January 2016 if possible.


January 2016 is kind of specific in the board game universe. Often publishers will say early 2016, or first quarter. In this case, it's narrowed down to a month.

On my end, I'm going to assume that it means by the end of January, and if it shows up any day earlier, it will be a happy day.





Well I was hoping for specific, rather than 'kinda specific.' Many publishers can give a specific date months ahead, some weeks ahead. Seeing how this was originally supposed to come out in October 2015, I would think by the middle of December they might be able to be more specific than 'in the month of January.' Maybe they can't. Their website still says October which is stupid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they were wrong in the past they should be able to be correct in the future?! That is some logics!

Kidding aside, I can understand your frustration but the fact of the matter is that it is impossible to say for sure until freight has cleared customs and is on the way to distributors and at that point there would only be a week or two of forewarning. Instead of setting a safe street date and having retailers sit on the stock unable to sell it when it first arrives, publishers opt for this model. It actually means you will get the game sooner than if they could tell you a firm date (catastrophes not withstanding).

As mentioned by someone else up thread the best thing to do is interpret January as the last day of January and if it shows up sooner, hurrah!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.