Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I feel like I might be playing the client extraction mission all wrong.

My question is:

What exactly does "the scene ends" mean at the end of rounds 3 and 5?

It sounds like it means you just do exactly what the mission track tells you for that round and then end immediately without actually taking a normal turn of damaging obstacles, buying cards, etc. If that is the case, why introduce new terminology, as opposed to simply saying "the round ends"?

On the other hand, if you DO get a normal turn, why mention a scene ending? Either interpretation it doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a normal round. Some karma abilities are limited to "once per scene." This just tells you when you can use them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vignola
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Extraction yet but i suspect that it's like a "preset timelime" or "checkpoint". Normally, a scene ends when there is no more obstacle at the end of a player's turn. So basically, a scene doesn't have a fix number of rounds and also can end in the middle of a round.
Like Mr Walker said, it might be a way to apply some kind of "reset".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I was wondering this as well, then looked at the definition of "Scene" in the rulebook glossary.

Crossfire is set up as 3 scenes you have to progress through.

Extraction sets up the scenes as reset points for a 7 round survival mode. Extraction missions are set up on rails, like an arcade shooter, but a lot of fun. I think they feel more like a puzzle than crossfire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.