4 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rulebook inconsistancy/ non-clarity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi C
msg tools
mbmb
un-clarity? unclearness? what is the word I am looking for?

Removed per updated rulebook linked below. (See below below for actual inconsistancy in updated rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find any of the bits you're referring to. Can you confirm that you're using the latest draft version of the rules found on the Mr. B website? Should say v06.00 at the top of the PDF file.

EDIT: Ah yes, I see the rules you were reading on the Kickstarter page. Those are out of date. The latest draft is at http://www.mrbgames.com/posthuman.html which are vastly improved and much clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi C
msg tools
mbmb
I thank you so much.
Excited to play.

Still 1 or maybe 2 things in the current/updated rules:

1. Melee Combat. Melee Dice and Defense Dice Graphic/Results Chart:
The die results chart says for a [block result]..."removes 1 [attack result] die result of your choice from your opponent."
directly under that it says... "For each [block result]...you may remove any 1 [melee die] or [defense die] aside from another [block result]"

The bottom suggests you could remove a [warrior],[attack], [critical attack], or [special], while the chart/graphic suggests you can remove an [attack].

1b. Melee Combat. Melee Dice Graphic/Results Chart:
The [Warrior] die result says: "counts as 1 [wound] if you have the warrior ability."
Is this supposed to be a [wound] or an [attack]?

In this new version of the rules it is not possible to spend 3xp in order to remove a scar?

Sorry if I am being overly nit-picky, this rulebook is very well written and laid out, I just figure the more clear it can be the better.
Really looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The draft rules were sent to backers for review and suggestions for clarifying rules a while back. Can't specifically remember if the points you raise were covered but they may well have been. It was a pretty thorough examination from a good percentage of the 5000+ backers. Hopefully the final version of the rulebook will be even better than the draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls