Subject: Dragonball Z custom cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Turner
msg tools
Introducing the Earth Warriors team!

LV1 - Son Goku
Main Character/Earth Warrior
Saiyan Heritage - When Goku is flipped face-up from being Stunned, place one +1/+1 counter on it.
Kamehameha: Main (Fist) - Ready Goku and make a Range Attack.
Transformation - If Goku has three +1/+1 counters on him, you can Level Up.
2/4
5 Health

LV2 - Son Goku
Main Character/Earth Warrior
Flight
Super Saiyan Heritage - When Goku is flipped face-up from being Stunned, place two +1/+1 counters on it.
Kamehameha: Main (Fist) - Ready Goku and make a Range Attack.
Spirit Bomb: Build (2x Atom) - Place -1/-1 counters of any Character of your choice up to the number of +1/+1 counters on your side of the field. For every Character KOed by this, give Goku a +1/+1 counter. You cannot Attack the turn you use this Super Power.
4/6
5 Health

1 - Bulma
Supporting Character/Earth Warrior
Range
Tutor - When Bulma appears, flip 1 Location face-down to add one (Earth Warrior) card to your hand.
Rebirth - When Bulma is KOed, place it face-down in your Resource row.
1/1
1 Health

1 - Chaotzu
Flying
Range
Premonition - While Chaotzu is face-up on the field, you can see your opponent's hand at all times.
Psychic Stopage: (Both Turns) Main (Lightbulb) - Exhaust one Character. That character cannot Ready until Chaotzu is KOed,
2/2
1 Health

2 - Tien
Flying
Deadly Premonition: Main (Radar) - Choose 1 card from your opponent's hand and discard it (if you can't see his card, choose randomly).
Dodonpa: Main (Fist) - Give Tien Range till the end of the turn and place one -1/-1 counter on target Character.
3/4
1 Health

2 - Yamcha
Range
Sacrifice: Main (Radar) - Distribute -1/-1 counters on any Character up to the Amount of Defense Yamcha has, then KO Yamcha
Wolf Fang Fist: Main (Fist) - Gain Ferocious until the end of turn. You can Attack two Characters at a time.
3/3
1 Health

3 - Krillin
Friendship - When Krillin Appears, give every other Character on your side of the field one +1/+1 counter.
Deadly Friendship - If Krillin team attacks with another Character, you can KO him to give that character two +1/+1 counters.
Destructo Disc: Main (Lightbulb) - Give Krillin Range and Flight this turn. You can attack all Characters in a single row at the same time this turn.
4/5
2 Health

3 - Master Roshi
Grab - Enemy Characters cannot fly passed this character.
Love Sick - Any Female Character can Stun Master Roshi when they attack him before they strike.
1/10
3 Health

4 - Son Gohan
Flight
Friendship - When Gohan Appears, give every other Character on your side of the field one +1/+1 counter.
Father's Guidance - When Gohan team attacks with Goku, both get one +1/+1 counter.
Masenko: Main (Atom) - Ready Gohan and make a Range Attack.
5/5
1 Health

5 - Piccolo
Flight
Range
Special Beam Cannon: Build (Lightbulb) - Place any amount of +1/+1 counters on Piccolo up to the amount of cards in your Hand.
Special Beam Cannon!!: (Either Turn) Combat (Lightbulb) - If you used Special Beam Cannon previously, you do not have to flip a (Lightbulb) Location face-down. Distribute +1/+1 counters on Piccolo as -1/-1 counters on enemy Characters of your choice. If a Supporting Characters gets Stunned, KO it.
6/7
1 Health

Preparation for the Saiyans
Plot Twiat - Earth Warriors
Main: For the remainder on the turn, all Supporting Characters that come into play have Friendship (if they don't already).

I Call Forth, Shenron!
(Either Turn) Plot Twist - Earth Warriors
Main: Return 1 Character from your KO pile to the Field. This character is KOed at the end of the turn.

I wish I had some type of card template editor for this game so I could make proxies for these.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, not a bad start. The Numbers are a bit high (especially for Master Roshi, who basically shuts down the enemy team unless they attack with a female character - which leads to some unfortunate implications in terms of strategy...) for their associated costs.

The special abilities, however, seem to be rather potent, in addition to the fact that you have 3 per character rather than the (thus far) standard 2. +1/+1 counters are a rather potent thing to hand around, and this set is handing them out like candy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Turner
msg tools
Magius wrote:
Overall, not a bad start. The Numbers are a bit high (especially for Master Roshi, who basically shuts down the enemy team unless they attack with a female character - which leads to some unfortunate implications in terms of strategy...) for their associated costs.

The special abilities, however, seem to be rather potent, in addition to the fact that you have 3 per character rather than the (thus far) standard 2. +1/+1 counters are a rather potent thing to hand around, and this set is handing them out like candy.
Yeah Master Roshi is mainly a joke character for the most part, but I figure since the new VS System already takes certain things lightly in how it words things, it would be proper flavor if I throw in the female weakness. I mean every deck play female characters afterall so it's not like it's an issue.

I actually did want to make the stat-line a lot weaker, even though in-theme it wouldn't make sense cause it's...Dragonball Z. Originally the concept was to focus on the counter spam to simulate various ki abilities in the series, but each character would have very low Atk/Def. But I was afraid they'd be too weak and went ahead and gave them decent stats. I do want to work on these (it'd be great if someone made a card editor for this game) a bit more and flesh them out a bit regardless.

Other team ideas:
Saiyan - Focuses on the Saiyan Heritage ability and Giant Characters in the form of Oozaru (possibly Main Character exclusive)
Freeza's Army - Focuses on Resource control on both sides of the field, such as doing things like KOing a character to turn a Location face-up or sniping one of your opponent's Locations.
Red Ribbon Army - Ultron-style effects for some of the generic units. A +1/+1 counter absorbing theme with the Android cards.
Majin - Character control whether it's through Babidi's magic or Boo's power.
God - Focuses on the various deities in the series with Beerus being the leading man. Focuses on destroying cards whether they're in the hand, field, or deck. Might be a controlled mill deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the unfortunate implications are that you have an incredible Turn 3 blocker (who, with 3 wounds and 10 Defense is incredibly hard to take out) - except by women, which means that, strategically, as soon as you bring Master Roshi out, you want to knock out all the opponent's women you can, while mostly ignoring all but their nastiest men. That... isn't going to sit right with most players. You can certainly play it differently, but strategically, that's the best move to make with him.

As for the +1/+1 counters being used to represent the characters powering up... I think that either temporary boosts (such as, "Main: (Character) gains +X/+X and has Ranged this turn") or return the Exhaust mechanic from the original ("Main Exhaust: Place X +1/+1 counters on this character") would be a much better representation of how things play out in the series, with maybe a character or two or a Plot Twist to add more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(PSN) SilentSniper_X_
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have to say almost every card you made is extremely over powered.

Son Goku lvl 1 - This one feels balanced though I may put a resource/turn limit on his level up power as being able to level up turn 1 under the right draw feels too powerful. Maybe say he can only level up if you have 3/4 resources or only level up if it is turn 3/4 or later

Son Goku lvl 2 - Only MC with 3 powers, Only MC whose level 1 power gets better when leveling. Spirit Bomb is horribly over powered and nothing prevents you from sending all attacks and then using it.

Bulma - Tutor is misworded. Get a support character from where? As written it would only be from play. I believe you intended it to be from the deck. This is a VERY strong power that is not emulated anywhere else in the new versus. Even old versus which had a higher power curve didn't let you do this til third turn with mobilize, enemy, or ahmed and each required a card discard. Also note, that the only card draw I can really find in the new vs requires your character to survive a turn or play another card type or discard your hand. In current vs I don't think you can see this power til turn 4 at the earliest. Then to top it all off you throw on the powers of current vs two drop. Bulma should probably cost 4 resource points

Chaotzu - Flight and Range on a 2/2, 1 drop that lets you see your opponents hand as long as he stays and play and for a lightbulb can become an Iceman as long as he stays alive. The watcher let you see your oponents hand in original vs and was a 0/1 flight range and that was it. Once again does way to much for the cost.

Tien - seems fairly balanced

Yamcha - Wolf Fang Fist has rules issues. What does I can attack two characters at the same time mean? Do I apply my full attack against both? Do I have to split my attack against both? The first way feels too strong especially since you gain ferocious, the second way feels ok

Krillin - Friendship feels too strong especially as it doesn't cost a resource. Maybe if it only gave a +1/+1 counter to a single character. Destrecto Disc, again what does it mean to attack all characters in the same row (see Yamcha). Why does he get 3 powers?

Master Roshi - Broken. 10 defense, 3 health wall? Love Sick does absolutely nothing as there are zero cards that have the trait "Female" in the game.

Son Gohan - Again Friendship feels too strong, Masenko - Does he ready and immediately make the ranged attack? If so does he exhaust again? Can he team attack with someone? Does he have to be in the back row to use this power as all attacks from the front row are melee? Why does he get 3 powers

Piccolo - Not bad, Attack and Defense feel a bit too high for a 5 drop, especially one that can gain a bunch of counters) but I would have to look at my cards which I don't have on me to see if thats true. I would clarify the combat power to only be able to be used on attacking and defending characters as I believe as written you could put all the tokens on someone outside of combat. I would also remove the free clause from the second ability as it is a very strong effect and should not be free.

Preparation for the Saiyans.
Friendship is too strong and this makes it worse. Turn 4 I play this and 4 1 drops and everyone in play is not +4/+4?

I Call Forth Shenron - Seems ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls