Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stamina Potion Question - Castle Daerion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Andrew
msg tools
Yesterday I was playing the second encounter of what I believe was Castle Daerion as the Overlord. If I recall correctly the win condition went something like "If the King passes his attribute tests and generates five fatigue each turn then the heroes win the encounter," but I have a very particular question.

Someone in the Hero party had collected a Stamina Potion from what I believe was a search action from the prior encounter. It essentially regenerates a heroes stamina to full health and this can be utilized on any adjacent "hero" allies of his choosing as well. The book says that this King character, or what ever he is, is classified as a hero during the encounter. Would the potion work on him giving them an automatic win? I may have missed something obvious but clarification would be great, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allies don't have stamina. A fatigue porion therefore has no effect on them.

The fatigue tokens placed after each successful attribute test are just counters. They do not represent stamina or fatigue at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Andrew
msg tools
Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only that, but Stamina Potions remove all fatigue tokens from a hero, so even if it did work on Sir Palamon (which it doesn't), it would have the opposite effect of what you want to happen. It would reset Palamon's progress back to zero!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.