Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm running this with my IA group tomorrow evening and I was just reading over it to make sure I had it all figured out.

Can someone explain to me what the point of my Reserve Deployment is if it happens when they open the door? It seems like that is going to happen with them standing right next to the door, since the 3rd terminal is right there... So, I'll get an E-Web, and their next activation will be to move to the token and interact with it to win the mission.

Am I missing something? It just seems completely pointless, but I am tired right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There may not be another figure to move and interact with the objective, or the figure near the terminal may not have enough strain left to move and interact with the objective. Or you may have two figures standing between the rebel and the objective, so the figure can't both open the door and use strain to get through them to interact with the objective. So, it will take until the next round for the rebels to win, and you may have a Nexu to block the objective. (The rebel needs to stop on or adjacent to the objective to interact with it, and they can't if the Nexu is there.)

The reserved group may be able to wound the last healthy hero, or get the hero near the door to withdraw from the mission.

Mainly though, it is not a very powerful event. If the door is opened, the rebels will probably win the mission.

Regardless of the spoiler warning, maybe you could obfuscate your question a bit, or put parts of it in the [o][/o] tags. Those who know the mission will know what we're talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stertz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Played this mission twice now.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The E-Web is pretty garbage there in my opinion and comes to late. The northwest cannon is bad placed as well. Heroes can grab both crates while the cannon cannot draw LOS to the heroes....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I thought. Only actually useful given an unlikely set of circumstances or combined with a "tactic" that I would consider an exploit. I wonder if it is leftover from some earlier version of the scenario that had more doors to open...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.