Subject: Ferocious and Team Attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Slade
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone help clarify Ferocious during Team Attacks please?

Scenario:

I am playing as Beast 5/2 and he is on my Front Line. The opponent Team Attacks from their Front Line with (Lv. 1) Captain America 2/5 and Spider-man 4/7. Ferocious states Beast would attack first: So do I choose Beast to attack Captain America, Cap then becomes stunned and only Spider-man is attacking Beast in a normal battle?

Then let's have a different Scenario:

Beast 5/2 is part of a Team Attack with Namor 3/2. I am attacking Juggernaut 8/5. Again Ferocious states Beast would go first, so does Beast automatically stun Juggernaut before I add Beast and Namor's Attack together? Or does the Ferocious Team Attack mean the (added together) Team Attack of 8 would go first and Juggernaut wouldn't be able to hit either of my cards?

I'm sure I'm just overthinking Ferocious, but any help would be appreciated.

Oh and I have one more quick question:
If I have a card with Flight only (like Storm) in my Back Row, does she have the option to attack my opponent's Front Row, or can she only attack my opponent's Back Row (given that their Front Row doesn't have any characters with Flight/Grab in it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your scenarios:

1) Cap is stunned, Spidey strikes back.

2) Beast attacks first and stuns Juggernaut. Namor isn't ferocious, so he would attack later if Juggernaut was still standing (and he would hit back on one of the attackers).

3) You must have Range to attack from the back row.

From the FAQ:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2015/07/vs-system-2pcg-keyword-and-...

Quote:
FEROCIOUS
How does a Ferocious attacker work in a Team Attack?

When the combat resolves, if the Ferocious attacker(s) has enough ATK to stun the defender, no other characters will strike.

If the Ferocious attacker(s) don’t have enough ATK to stun the defender, the non-Ferocious characters will then strike. Note: Any Ferocious attackers will add their ATK to the non-Ferocious attackers’ ATK to see if the defender gets stunned.

Example: Let’s say Black Panther (3/2 Ferocious) and Nick Fury (1/5) team attack Major Victory (2/4). When the combat resolves, Black Panther strikes first, but his 3 ATK isn’t enough to stun Major Victory. However that 3 ATK will get added to Nick Fury’s ATK when Nick Fury strikes in a moment.

After Black Panther strikes, then Nick Fury and Major Victory strike. So the attackers have 4 total ATK (enough to stun Major Victory) and Major Victory has 2 ATK which is enough to stun Black Panther.

What if it’s a team attack, and the attacker and defender both have Ferocious?

This time let’s say Black Panther (3/2 Ferocious) and Nick Fury (1/5) team attack Sabretooth (4/4).

When the combat resolves, Black Panther and Sabretooth each strike. Black Panther doesn’t have enough ATK to stun Sabretooth, but Sabretooth does have enough to stun Black Panther. Black Panther gets stunned, however his 3 ATK will still be added to Nick Fury’s when Nick Fury strikes, which will be enough to stun Sabretooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Slade
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the quick response. I think I have a better idea of how Ferocious works now. I appreciate your help.

And just to clarify: storm can't attack from the Back Row at all? She can't hit the opponent's front row or their back row? If she was on the Front Line she could fly over the opponent's front line and attack their back line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Range allows you to attack from the Back Row while Flight allows you to attack into the Back Row.

Flight still must attack from the front row.

If you have both flight and range you can attack anywhere from the back row.

If there are no face up characters in the front row your range guys can attack the back row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the rules say that when you start an attack, you pick a character on your front row, or one on your back row with range. So Storm, who doesn't have range (despite being able to call down lightning), can't attack anyone, anywhere, from the back row.

If she's in the front row, she could attack the opponent's front row, and their back row, provided they don't have someone with flying (or the Grab ability like Drax) to block them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Slade
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both very much. I had been doing Flight wrong but I think I've got it now.

Ok what about characters like Magneto that have Flight and Ranged? If he is in the Back Row he can shoot the opponent's Front Row without being attacked back (unless the opponent's Front Row character is also Ranged). But if he is on my Back Row can he Fly up and shoot my opponent's Back Row if the opponent doesn't have a Front Row character with Flight or Grab?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure I'm playing the game right. I am hoping for a play through video soon.

@Jason, Yeah I don't get why Storm doesn't have Ranged either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flight and Range allows you to attack from the back row into either row. As you said the front row cant have any flight or other abilities to keep you from flying over. This is considered a range attack as well so if you do fly into the back row you will not be hit back unless they have range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Reed
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you fly over from the front row and attack your opponents back row, do the hit back? I'm assuming they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Any attack from the front row is considered a melee attack and the defender will get to strike back even if you have range. The exception to this rule is abilities like Namor's Invade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.