mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've played the game before but it has been a while. My opponent has never played before. Just to get the game started quicker, I wanted to get thoughts on where we should each place our home tiles.

We are going to play the "Such A Cute Little Sea" scenario described in the rulebook.

Where should the person closest to the temple and person further from the temple start?

The goal is a balanced game that isn't overly aggressive or overly passive, but I don't want one of the players to start at a huge advantage.

Looking briefly I would assume both players want to start near one of the stones.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go with what the rules suggest and build on a tile that is on/near all three of the following tiles:
-Forest
-Plains
-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Just go with what the rules suggest and build on a tile that is on/near all three of the following tiles:
-Forest
-Plains
-Stone

Agreed.

My guess is that players would start in a tops and bottoms of the 3rd column.

I could also see players starting at the 2nd from the top and the 2nd from the bottom of the 2nd column.

I wasn't sure if anyone who plays this regularly would have an opinion on exactly where to start rather than generally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

I could also see players starting at the 2nd from the top and the 2nd from the bottom of the 2nd column.

I certainly would not consider myself an experienced player, but I'm fairly confident either of those suggestions are just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

I taught the game to a brand new player yesterday, and this is exactly what we discussed/did (so I think you're spot on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.