Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Variants

Subject: Role Idea: Patient Zero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Boone
msg tools
Place 2 disease cubes in the city you are in when you end your turn.

If an outbreak would occur in the city you are in, select one adjacent city. That city is unaffected by the outbreak.

Patient Zero cannot treat disease.

Patient Zero only needs 4 cards to develop a cure.

Patient Zero acts as a research station for other players. (He carries around kind of a "portable lab")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume if Patient Zero is a Lab they also carry a wormhole like Natalie Portman so the players can teleport to other labs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Boone
msg tools
hah
I honestly didn't think about that, but since its just kind of funny, sure, why not?

Patient Zero also has a worm hole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting take, similar to the character from the Last Ship, Niels. Could really make for a different game.

I'd love to see more classes that are flawed. Maybe the "Infected Doctor" or the "Drug Runner".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
I like the idea, and "Patient Zero" is just such a cool name, it should be a Role or at least an Event Card somewhere in the game. Hahah

I think 5 separate rules is a bit too bloated for this game, however. And I wouldn't want it to copy any of the abilities of another card (like the Scientist). I suggest keeping it simple with 2 really good things, and one bad thing to balance it out.

Perhaps something like:
- At the end of your turn, place two infection markers on your city.
- Players may Cure Disease from your location.
- At the end of your turn, add the top-most City Card in the Player Discard Pile to your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.