Popular Tags: [View All]
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jimmy, interesting little expansion. Can I ask how much playtesting went into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Costas. Not that much. I played it 2-player 4 times and 3-player once (the plays are logged with some comments). I had originally planned on it being just a 2-player game, but the 3-player was just so nicely brutal, I decided to include it.

The plays did include some where the cubes showed up too quickly (hence, the "only roll 4 dice during production" change) and some where cubes didn't show up till the end. The cube mix can certainly change the way the game plays out. My design goal was for the players to have to climb all over themselves. But, at least with 2, it's possible for the cubes to show up in such a way that the 2 players can keep mostly to themselves (the shortage of cubes ensures at least a little competition). With 3, there's no way to avoid climbing all over each other.

I don't consider myself an AoS expert so it's entirely possible there's some clever track laying that messes everything up, but by game 2 or 3, the map felt tight and solid.

Other than that, please ask any questions you like. If there's something you think could be improved, I'm all ears. That's one of the reasons I wanted to release this as a PnP map. While I don't think it'll need any changes, I'm fine with being proven wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.