18 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: news on release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
So excited, though be even more excited if knew the actual release date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
The actual for sale at retail release date is tentatively schedule for Black Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
gotcha thanks! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
At GenCon Adam said the boat was "on the water", now I'm not sure if that's true or not, since it only takes 2 weeks for a cargo boat to make it from China to the US once it has actually left port. It takes several weeks to get cargo containers actually loaded onto the boat, so again I'm not sure if he meant that it had actually left or had simply been loaded. Let's say it was on the water, then it should have definitely arrived in the US by now, and the container should be making it's way through customs (that's a happy thought isn't it?). Which could mean they could start shipping to backers within the next 1-3 weeks, and then preorders after that, I'm sure after that the game will go to retail, but if you're planning on buying at retail you really should preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not count on the 1-3 week estimate as Wave 1 rewards are to ship before the core game, and unless I am mistaken, no one has received any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
danielson1975 wrote:
I would not count on the 1-3 week estimate as Wave 1 rewards are to ship before the core game, and unless I am mistaken, no one has received any.

But they've been packing them for over a week now so... Gotta be getting pretty close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
either ways; wont be getting anything till mid october i'd say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
drakkonblade wrote:

Did you preorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I had another project recently (Tiny Epic Galaxies) provide a tracking link for the container ship their game is on. It's been kinda fun watching the ship leave Singapore, pass Sri Lanka, and now it's headed up toward the Suez Canal.

I don't really think this is particularly useful information - it can take so long for customs and all that - but from a logistical information standpoint, it's pretty interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
At GenCon Adam said the boat was "on the water", now I'm not sure if that's true or not, since it only takes 2 weeks for a cargo boat to make it from China to the US once it has actually left port.

Sometimes, boats stop in different ports along the way...

It's highly possible that whatever ship KDM containers are on stopped in the Philippines.
Then stopped in the Panama area. Then stopped again somewhere near Florida. And is still inbound to NYC.

Of course, we don't know where the distribution partner is located--or even who they are. But if the original plan was to boat it all to NYC ports, then it's highly possible that the fast boat from China to LA is not the speedometer anyone should be anticipating.
We also do not know an official departure date, so it's hard to approximate anymore exactly than what Adam said during Gencon.

October is the best picture we have.
If we're lucky, some of the first US backers should be getting core games in September!

Of course, the official and long awaited fulfillment update will be the most accurate information we can get...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
drakkonblade wrote:

Did you preorder?

YUP!!
btw from their site quote " Estimated Delivery Date: October 2015
directly following backer fulfillment "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
brrrmanza wrote:
At GenCon Adam said the boat was "on the water", now I'm not sure if that's true or not, since it only takes 2 weeks for a cargo boat to make it from China to the US once it has actually left port.

It's highly possible that whatever ship KDM containers are on stopped in the Philippines.
Then stopped in the Panama area. Then stopped again somewhere near Florida. And is still inbound to NYC.

Of course, we don't know where the distribution partner is located--or even who they are. But if the original plan was to boat it all to NYC ports, then it's highly possible that the fast boat from China to LA is not the speedometer anyone should be anticipating.
We also do not know an official departure date, so it's hard to approximate anymore exactly than what Adam said during Gencon.

If we're lucky, some of the first US backers should be getting core games in September!

Of course, the official and long awaited fulfillment update will be the most accurate information we can get...

Maybe for boats going to an east coast port, not hong kong to LA, which is where I believe it's going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
brrrmanza wrote:

Maybe for boats going to an east coast port, not hong kong to LA, which is where I believe it's going.

Yeppers. Unless it's stopping off at Atlantis for a quick drop off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
And at gencon Adam's exact words were "it's currently somewhere in the Pacific Ocean" which would lead me to believe it's actually on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Did you preorder?

YUP!!

Yeah this to me also means that the pre-orders are in october so the KS backers should be getting theirs in Oct. as well but also by the end of september.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Dyne1319 wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Did you preorder?

YUP!!

Yeah this to me also means that the pre-orders are in october so the KS backers should be getting theirs in Oct. as well but also by the end of september.

I think that's a worse case, slowest possible scenario. He said it could be anywhere between 3 and 8 weeks. So I think that's going off of the 8 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
On another thread on here, somebody actually got tracking info for the Wave 1 items (pinups & promos) with some interesting tidbits in there that are a little annoying to read. Here's the text of the tracking email:

Quote:
Hello Bakcer,

Thank you so much for your patience and support. Your Kingdom Death: Monster kickstarter small reward box is on its way!

Your small reward box includes:
1 x White Speaker: Plastic
1 x Messenger of the Spiral Path (kss_6)

Your small reward box, does not include core games, survivor level rewards or expansions.
You will get a separate email notifying you when that ships.

It may take up to a week for the tracking number provided below to be live.
Your package will be delivered via FedEx SmartPost
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Promo Rules
The challenge scenarios and associated cards will be provided via PDF November, 2015. Printed versions will be made available at a later date.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com

Make sure to be as descriptive as you can and to include your backer email or pledge ID # as it will help us help you faster.

Thank you,
- Adam Poots

So Wave 1 is getting fulfilled which must mean that the boats are close. It's about 2-6 weeks from China on boat, so hopefully it's close to getting into the US if they're sending out Wave 1 stuff now. However, it looks like the promos aren't coming with any game content and it's a little unclear how backers will get that stuff. Is that just PNP or are we getting printed cards/rules/etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the ship docks 3 days to a week to unload (I expect.) Then customs will probably sit on it for a week or two. Then the shipment will have "arrived."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.