United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been printing a lot of the awesome variants I have found (Kudos and thanks to all of you that have contributed) but I noticed that no one has created Anti-Venom yet.

I would love to be able to be able to add him to either play him as a villain (Ally) or against him as a mastermind or Villain using Agent Venom and all of the spider friends

Can anyone help fill this request for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...that was fast! Nice Job Matt!

I just love our little community we have here.

Added to the Marvel Master Database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:

Making him play off a Cancel mechanic... That's genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
Well...that was fast! Nice Job Matt!

I just love our little community we have here.

Added to the Marvel Master Database.

I have a couple that aren't perfect, but are play test ready. This is one of those...

Already, I see that the rare needs reworded. It should read "Reveal and discard this card to cancel one Master Strike effect this turn. Place the Master Strike back on top of the Villain deck."

That was my original intention, and how I play it, but I realize you don't know my intentions as they are poorly worded (and I'm wacko).

IronSyndicate wrote:
Making him play off a Cancel mechanic... That's genius.

Thanks! I found the idea for him somewhere on the geek and tried to flesh him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:

I think I am just going to echo what Rob and Itai said.

Thank you so much! You are an amazing human being
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
These look too powerful. You're recreating partial effects of Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic' rares with a common and uncommon card. I also can't think of any published cards that affect Master Strikes, which suggests it's trouble; for example, if you played this once against Galactus, he could never win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
These look too powerful. You're recreating partial effects of Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic' rares with a common and uncommon card. I also can't think of any published cards that affect Master Strikes, which suggests it's trouble; for example, if you played this once against Galactus, he could never win.

I don't feel there's anything wrong with affecting Master Strikes. There are ways to break a scheme, and other Master Minds don't have any way of winning just from Master Strikes, but I think that any cards that affect Master Strikes should be high cost/risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
klakak wrote:
swheelock wrote:

I don't feel there's anything wrong with affecting Master Strikes. There are ways to break a scheme, and other Master Minds don't have any way of winning just from Master Strikes, but I think that any cards that affect Master Strikes should be high cost/risk.

This is not the first card to cancel a master strike. I think Cable has one in his set. When playing cards like this, it is usually against odds that I will have one in my hand when the Master Strike comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
klakak wrote:
swheelock wrote:

This is not the first card to cancel a master strike. I think Cable has one in his set. When playing cards like this, it is usually against odds that I will have one in my hand when the Master Strike comes out.

Cable's doesn't cancel the Master Strike. It allows you to reveal that card to do something before the Strike takes effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
Already, I see that the rare needs reworded. It should read "Reveal and discard this card to cancel one Master Strike effect this turn. Place the Master Strike back on top of the Villain deck."

I haven't had time to update the cards yet, sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the first common is too weak (is at least give it dodge. Maybe 1 recruit + 2 recruit w/ trigger). The second common is too powerful. Maybe put a limit on the canceling, at least for the common? Like you may discard a card to do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
thedaninblack wrote:
I think the first common is too weak (is at least give it dodge. Maybe 1 recruit + 2 recruit w/ trigger). The second common is too powerful. Maybe put a limit on the canceling, at least for the common? Like you may discard a card to do it?

I am thinking of adding "Reveal and discard this card" to the second common, uncommon, and rare.

I first made this before Dodge, but I like that suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have to discard the card it might be too weak. Just make it discard any card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing the Master Strike on top of the deck AND lose the rare seems a little rough. Maybe shuffle Master Strike back into deck and draw again

As far as the first common, give it a starting 1 Recruit to balance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
All suggestions have been implemented and updated in my first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work! I'd love to see Anti-Venom one day in Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.