Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to upload a new unique image to BGG, but it was rejected as being a duplicate. Is there a way to fix this? (It was a large image. Would it have been read twice during the download or something?)

I remember that I tried to upload a photo that I thought was quite good that had been rejected over six months ago. It was automatically rejected in the same way for being a duplicate. Just curious, but shouldn't it be possible for a photo to be resubmitted after about 6 or 12 months. I have heard that a representative image can be resubmitted after a month.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that if GeekMod thinks somethings wrong with the photo, it's still something wrong with time. (I.e do it again but better). But I'm quite sure someone else totaly disagres and have a better argumention and *knowledge* about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The photo was rejected by the BGG computer system -- not the moderators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I noticed a few months ago, after I scanned a few unique wargame counters to be uploaded that the images were approved by the BGG community moderators only to be rejected a few hours or minutes later after I already used one or two of them as a geeklist image. Such images were replaced by a default image. I assume that either the BGG computer system or the administrators rejected the images later as they were too small. (I suppose just need to find a way to enlarge such images a bit more -- or leave more "empty" space around the edges....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris

I had that happen once, I just cropped the image by 1 pixel and it worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Higher resolution?

I think it was an 8.52 MB file. If anything, it was probably too big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried reducing the image slighty by trimming off a few pixels, but I'm still getting the same automatic rejection message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Chris that is the suggestion I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I even changed the title of the photo and name of the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once had something I couldn't reuploaded due to the auto-reject. I reloaded it by making a minor edit AND saving it as a new file name. I expect either the filename OR the actual file being the same would reject it.

If you've already changed both at the same time, I don't know.

With so many images, it's possible you've simply bumped into some obvious names people have already used. Change the name to 8 random letters, make an edit, and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.