Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to rig across the water where the Kraken is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been allowing it, we also were not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the 2-player play through on KS there is a hilarious part of the vid where 1 of the players attempts to rig over the Sea Dragon and fails and drops into its mouth. I'm guessing that either the Kraken or Sea dragon are able to be rigged over. Michael Shinall is playing in that game so I'm sure he's playing the game correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carrion
United States
Little Rock
AR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Across the Kraken tile doesn't makes any sense (if you can picture a movie scene or something). In our game we didn't allow it. However, if you rig around the Kraken outside of the other two gang planks (meaning you are at the 2 tile zone edged reach of the Kraken) then it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigMike85 wrote:
Across the Kraken tile doesn't makes any sense (if you can picture a movie scene or something). In our game we didn't allow it. However, if you rig around the Kraken outside of the other two gang planks (meaning you are at the 2 tile zone edged reach of the Kraken) then it makes sense.

Yeah... I'm sure no movie has ever had a guy in rigging above a Kraken... whistle

I don't see why you couldn't rig over the Kraken. You can rig over enemy figures, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice movie shot.

Reminds me that my son and I have been playing with a Spotify pirate playlist in the background. Sweet sounds. ha, ha.

So.... I'm leaning towards allowing rigging across the Kracken. If only to speed up the game. Wonder what the designer thinks. Actually, I just decided to geekmail him to see what his official ruling is. I'll post back when I hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can freely Rig across the Kraken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:

Thanks Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:

If it's an unsuccessful rigging, are you overboard, or KO'd? Most likely the answer is Overboard to follow the Rigging rules, but the Kraken and Sea Dragon look hungry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.