Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WZL1FS?creativeASIN=B00...

I think this is still oop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon Prime] Hot deal or not - you decide - Speicherstadt - One copy $34.99 Prime
I decide?

I will wait to see if you get slammed for posting this -- then I'll decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon Prime] Hot deal or not - you decide - Speicherstadt - One copy $34.99 Prime
KingD21 wrote:
I decide?

On the fence? Well, it's out of print, and comfortably below msrp so I hope I'll have my defenders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Van DeLay Industries!

F'ing hilarious.

KingD21 wrote:
I decide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sold by Van De Lay Industries?

I had a bad experience with one of their latex salesmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it is not good with 2 players and that is how I would play it.

It is a Feld game and would love to get it but not if I will not play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
I decide?

On the fence? Well, it's out of print, and comfortably below msrp so I hope I'll have my defenders.

Really? Amazon and many other online stores had this for below $20.00 a little bit ago. I think I picked up my copy for $17.00 including shipping.

...How the OOP market swings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, we also know that Art Vandelay himself is an importer/exporter. So it makes sense that he'd be selling a board game that's hard to find in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Van Peursem
Tanzania
Spring Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9
mbmbmbmbmb
The Speicherstadt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VanDelay! Say, Vandelay!

nbread wrote:
Of course, we also know that Art Vandelay himself is an importer/exporter. So it makes sense that he'd be selling a board game that's hard to find in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold! Who got it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
abonosky wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
I decide?

Really? Amazon and many other online stores had this for below $20.00 a little bit ago. I think I picked up my copy for $17.00 including shipping.

...How the OOP market swings...

Yeah. I remember that. It was in print and super cheap for what seemed like a very short time and then it was gone. Now Z-man doesn't even list it on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I can see where one could think it's a hot deal. Personally I would not pay that price as I could get more games for that same amount. Or just not spend that amount because we've got a good enough collection to keep us entertained for a long time. To add to the above comments I'll say we do have a copy of the game already. We got ours (English/German 2nd edition) off ebay for 13.65 (usd). If I recall we were the only bid or there was one other bid. Either way that was too good a deal to pass on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years back this and a few other zman games were dumped out of the Oops Outlet stores. De Vulgari Eloquentia, Gnomes of Zavander, Last Train to Nuremburg i think. They had them for $10 apiece or so and then clearanced them out at two for $15. I ended up buying a couple because this was when I lived in Ohio and had both the Origins and Buckeye Game Fest math trade every year.

I did keep a copy for myself and came to enjoy the game on yucata.de

And IMO it plays perfectly fine with 2. In fact that seems to make it almost more cutthroat. I like it at 2.

That being said. Zman took a bath on it the first time so I don't imagine that it'll get reprinted anytime soon. Although while I'm not certain I am guessing that this was an earlier Feld before he had really made his name, so it may have more success now

What is really hard to come by is the expansion, which i have never played but have been told is excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
...Although while I'm not certain I am guessing that this was an earlier Feld before he had really made his name, so it may have more success now....

Feld was established as a quality designer when this came out.

I believe the issue was purely publisher over commitment. The 2009-2010 years for Zman were a bit crazy. They pumped out a TON of game in a short period and printed too many. Ranked at 400 all these years later, this game is a big success, but the printing outshone the demand which is why it ended up in the bargain bin.

For those interested, try to track down the expansion, which is quite hard to find. Many people consider it essential in that it makes a great game amaze-balls (a technical term). The German publishing of the expansion is compatible with the English print of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
rlphay wrote:

It's a great game, probably my favorite Feld, but it's a bidding game, and those rarely work well two player and this is no exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
rlphay wrote:

It's a great game, probably my favorite Feld, but it's a bidding game, and those rarely work well two player and this is no exception.

Very playable over on Yucata if you are curious or need more players and don't mind async.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
rlphay wrote:

I dislike it at the 2-player count because it is zero-sum bidding. I like it with 3+.

As for the expansion, they aren't selling on amazon.de any longer and I am kicking myself for not picking it up sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.