Hide
8 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcement token questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
When you put down reinforcement tokens, do you immediately roll additional dice depending upon how many dice the level 0 unit has?

Can you assign damage to a reinforcement token? Can a reinforcement token be routed? I assume that if reinforcement token is routed this is the same as being eliminated as the tokens are discarded after combat anyways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't add dice for Reinforcement tokes as you add them after rolling the dice for your units.

Rules Reference page 11 wrote:
Reinforcement tokens do not contribute dice to a combat; however, they are treated as the appropriate command level zero unit for all other purposes.

Otherwise they are normal Level 0 units for all intents and purposes. This means that you can deal damage to them and rout them just as a normal plastic unit. The tokens even have two different sides. One with a black background (unrouted) and one with a red background (routed). Routing them does not automatically remove them. You have to deal enough damage to them in order to destroy them. Otherwise they will remain until the end of the combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bjorn is correct. note that while they do not contribute to dice rolled, they do still work as the associated level 0 units for caqrd effects and add morale if they are unrouted at the end of the 3rd execution round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that you never roll additional dice for adding units during any combat, even if they're plastic pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Britton
Canada
flag msg tools
What are the stats for a "appropriate command level zero unit"

It must have more than one hit point as it can be routed and it apparently has some morale.

Is it the same as my base level unit except with an attack of zero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I means that the reinforcement tokens are the same as the Command level 0 units for each faction, so Cultists / Iconoclast Destroyers for Chaos Space Marines for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Britton
Canada
flag msg tools
Niddi77 wrote:
I means that the reinforcement tokens are the same as the Command level 0 units for each faction, so Cultists / Iconoclast Destroyers for Chaos Space Marines for example.

Ahhh. "appropriate" meaning 'Space or Ground' depending on the battlefield.

Perfect, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrimCrusader wrote:
What are the stats for a "appropriate command level zero unit"

It must have more than one hit point as it can be routed and it apparently has some morale.

Is it the same as my base level unit except with an attack of zero?

GrimCrusader wrote:
Niddi77 wrote:

Ahhh. "appropriate" meaning 'Space or Ground' depending on the battlefield.

Perfect, thank you.
Keep in mind that in the case of Eldar that means a health of one during ground battles and they can still be routed by various card effects, just not via damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.