Subject: On Hit Effect Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott McCalla
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have a couple of questions:

1. On Hit effects resolve in the order you want, correct? Let's say I just played Enervating Malediction with Rexan. Here are the On Hit effects of each card:
Enervating - On Hit: You have +1 Power for each Curse Token the opponent possesses.
Malediction - On Hit: Give the opponent a Curse Token. For the rest of this beat, Rexan cannot take more then 2 damage from an attack by an opponent.
Clearly it's a lot better to use the On Hit from Malediction first. I have encountered many cases like this, and I want the final word.

2. Let's assume you CAN resolve On Hit effects in the order you want. If a Range is listed on an On Hit effect, does it only activate if you start the On Hit phase with that distance, or is it the range of when you start that particular effect? Let's say I'm playing Byron, and I manage to use Breathless Smoke against an opponent at range 4.
Breathless - On Hit, Range 5: The opponent has -3 Power and loses 2 life.
Smoke - On Hit: Move the opponent up to one space.
Here, it seems like using Smoke's On Hit first might enable us to move his opponent into a position 5 spaces away, so that Breathless' On Hit, Range 5 effect could go into effect. Is that a valid move?

Thanks for getting through this if you did! I appreciate your input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
You do get to choose the order and range is not locked at any point. Moving the opponent with Smoke such that you can trigger a range specific effect works and is intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McCalla
United States
California
flag msg tools
Good stuff, that's what I was hoping it was! Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.