Subject: Any news on the expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lizzie j
New Zealand
flag msg tools
look into my eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm impatiently waiting for the expansion to this game to come out but I feel like there is very little official information out there - have I missed an announcement somewhere?

Things I'd love to see -

More characters - I esp. love Sparky, so would like to have another survivor pet in the game (even if I just put one into play during the game).

New locations - even to swap one location for another would be pretty cool.

More zombie standees - somehow there is at least 1 point in our games where we have to use the zombie tokens and they just aren't the same!

More objectives, crises (with perhaps some different rewards if you add extra things other than +1 morale), crossroads cards, etc. More, more, more! laugh

We played an amazing game of DoW on Sunday so it is making me think about all the cool extra things PlaidHat might put into an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411844/any-news-gen-con

Go a few posts down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Batman
United States
California
flag msg tools
dang looks like its going to probably cost $60 as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter vP
msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting things in that link. Double sided locations would probably represent the colony moving to new areas making the location change.

As for the seventh special location, probably an enemy colony of some sort creating new dangers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Biggs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phalanx300 wrote:
Interesting things in that link. Double sided locations would probably represent the colony moving to new areas making the location change.

As for the seventh special location, probably an enemy colony of some sort creating new dangers.

Maybe the second-sided locations are over-run so have to be entered/searched in different ways? Or have to be cleared out before their item decks become available? Or maybe can be made in to a colony by exiled factions? The differing locations could be represented by single-sided ones and mixed with the ones from the main set to represent different towns, so I don't think that intrinsicly they're about location changes. Really can't wait for details to be confirmed though! There was talk about the faction leaders having a more significant role (prior to play testing for the first release) so it'll be interesting to see if they try to bring some of that back in with the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Strange how the game keeps selling out but there is little to no buzz on an entire standalone expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Biggs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not that strange - Plaid Hat have been pushing Tail-Feathers and Ashes, and haven't released any social media friendly objects (like articles and photos) for this yet. Once they start to do that, I expect it to pick up a bit more notice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bane9631 wrote:
dang looks like its going to probably cost $60 as well.

And should be worth every penny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Lots of news on the boardgame blender of this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggbyzPUJ4k
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that doesn't want to/can't watch the video, a summary of the expansion:

- 20 new survivors
- a customizable colony (upgrades/improvements)
- new cards for the old decks (objectives, crisis)
- new Event deck
- new location (labeled Raxxon in the video)
- new zombies (new art, plus a new type called Frost Walkers)
- Bandits
- a new Despair affliction

If it wasn't apparent from all the stuff included, the expansion is completely stand-alone, or can be mixed together with the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter vP
msg tools
mbmbmb
The new stuff sounds amazing. Hopefully we will soon learn more about them.

Bandits might take a nornal zombie spot based on the stars they sticked on tge zombies. Frost zombies might always give frostbite instead of normal wounds.

Despair might be gained when.another character dies in your location. Being a permanent wound which can't be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.