Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm:

There are no VP markers?

Are VPs recorded at the end of each conference or at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
Just to confirm:

There are no VP markers?

Are VPs recorded at the end of each conference or at the end of the game?

You only need to count VP at the end of the game to determine a winner, but you will find the game state easier to assess if you track vp through the game. I always update the vp at the end of each turn. As far as vp markers:
From the rule book:
Each player should use two of their Clandestine Network markers to denote their score in terms of x10 and x1 points. For example the score of 21 would be shown with a marker in the 2 space of the x10 track and in the 1 space of the x1 track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
End of game, but the rules mention you can track in game (very easy to miss points during play though) using the transparent markers. I found them fiddly and have already replaced them with cubes (and subbed in some wooden cylinders for tracking VP's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to use the political alignment markers as VP since there are usually a bunch extra

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my (very small) pet peeves with this game. You can track whether your leader is active with a wooden block, a counter and a card (three things for 1 purpose) but you don't get VP markers.

Another small pet peeve is that you receive 3 counters to track 1 VP (the fact that you have reached Berlin) when it is obvious by simply looking at the board, and you do not get a counter to determine if the UK reached Central Italy before US reached Normandy or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again: there are more than enough spare markers to use on the VP track and to put on the normandy or Italy space. You are right that the 1VP markers from germany are unnecessary, but they don't hurt either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Again: there are more than enough spare markers to use on the VP track and to put on the normandy or Italy space. You are right that the 1VP markers from germany are unnecessary, but they don't hurt either.

With all of the extra wood and some superfluous counters, I think that VP tracking counters would have been nice, as well as a counter for US/UK 3 VP (D-Day vs. Italy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here to ask that very same question.

The rules more or less clearly state that VPs are scored at the end of the game, but Mark writes in the rules (on more than one occasion) that some playtesters didn't like to know the exact score during the game. And that implies tracking points as soon as they're scored.

I think I'll track point during the game (and then recount everything at the end to make sure we didn't forget anything).
Hopefully, that won't start a debacle like it once did for Trains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.