Subject: Rousing Melody or Psion Stone + Stalk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
If a hero is sharing (via Rousing Melody or Psion Stone) the Stalk tactic, does it:
a) Allow other heroes to use the Pounce effect on the Tamer's active Tame cards
or
b) Do nothing, because the person borrowing it has no active Tame powers?

Also, what happened with Playtesting on this expansion? I've been part of the last several playtests, but I never saw anything go out for this one. Did I just miss it, or did y'all reset your playtester list or....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalk is probably a poor choice for a tactic to share regardless of how you rule this, but as written, I'd say the answer is (b) - it does nothing, because you have no active Tame powers.

There was a general announcement when we started the playtest for this expansion, but VPG probably didn't contact previous playtesters individually because we filled up almost instantly on this one (and had to turn some volunteers away). I'm expecting we'll need a lot of testers for the next thing in the queue, so you should hear about that one when it comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okedoke, I'll have to make sure I keep an eye out. Are things generally announced on the VPG mailing list or on BGG or twitter or....?

I agree that Psion Stone on Stalk probably isn't optimal, but we were just curious if having the Tamer stay in the Monastery activating Tame powers while other folks went around using her Pounce effects was a viable thing or not. (Thematically, I assume it would mean her sending out her pets to fight with others). Given your answer (b), I assume it's not a thing.

One other question about Stalk, I assume you have to decide which Pounces you're using BEFORE you roll, right? (For instance, you couldn't wait to see if you failed before you decide to use Unicorn)

Edit: As always, fantastic new expansion. I love this game! :)

Edit2: When heroes swap locations (Fellowship Band/Tame Sylph), are they each considered to be entering/leaving their locations (Curse, Web, etc) or is swapping some special case?
Nevermind, found the Fellowship Band clarification in the WaIL rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalk requires you to choose which animals to pounce with before you make the fight roll.

In the past, I believe playtest announcements have been posted on BGG (e.g. here) and on the VPG web site. If you subscribe to the BGG Darkest Night "News" subforum, you're probably safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.