Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have played Thunder Alley a few times and thought I understood it but now I am doubting myself.

My doubts are mainly around point costs and restrictions - Could you clarify if the below is correct?

Solo Movement
Linked: No
Per Lateral Displacement: 2 movement points per space
Per Forward Displacement: 3 movement points per space

Lead Movement
Linked: Yes, cars behind at the start of activation only will 'follow the leader'. Lateral movement can occur before forward movement and is allowed at any time
Per Forward Displacement: 3 movement points per space

Pursuit Movement
Linked: Yes, cars in front only. Lateral movement can occur before forward movement and then links are reassessed. Once linked to 'push cars' no lateral movement is allowed.
Per Forward Displacement: 1 movement points per space (as normal).

Draft Movement
Linked: Yes, cars in front and behind. Lateral movement can occur before forward movement and then links are reassessed. Once linked in front and/or behind, no lateral movement is allowed.
Per Forward Displacement: 1 movement points per space (as normal).

Note: When I say 'in front' or 'behind' referring to cars, it assumes those cars and any unbroken chain of cars 'in front' of or 'behind' those cars.

I also have some follow up questions for Grand Prix (GMT Games) and the changes in the draft rules proposed.

Thanks,

Cassill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo Movement is good.

Lead Movement. Linkage occurs at the start of the turn and cannot be broken. Lateral movement is allowed and all linked cars follow your lead.

Pursuit. Lateral movement is allowed until linkage. So you may move forward and laterally and forward and laterally again until you "push" another car. Once you push another car you are locked.

Same as Pursuit only with "pulling" as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff,

So with Lead Movement, what happens in this scenario -

Two lines of cars (active car is 'X')

X B C D E
F G H I J

'X' Plays a lead movement and chooses to move first laterally, displacing 'F' and then moves forward. Are you saying that B-E all shuffle up one place so B occupies X old place. When X moves forward B-E then follow X into F's lane and continue on.

OR

'X' displaces 'F' and then moves forward taking G-J with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
Solo Movement is good.

Lead Movement. Linkage occurs at the start of the turn and cannot be broken. Lateral movement is allowed and all linked cars follow your lead.

Pursuit. Lateral movement is allowed until linkage. So you may move forward and laterally and forward and laterally again until you "push" another car. Once you push another car you are locked.

EDIT: DRAFT. Same as Pursuit only with "pulling" as well.

Edited in Draft where it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
dradice wrote:
Thanks Jeff,

X B C D E
F G H I J

'X' Plays a lead movement and chooses to move first laterally, displacing 'F' and then moves forward. Are you saying that B-E all shuffle up one place so B occupies X old place. When X moves forward B-E then follow X into F's lane and continue on.

OR

The bold statement is correct as BCDE are the cars that are linked at the start of he activation.
The activated car will never pick up cars along the way With Lead movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dradice wrote:
Thanks Jeff,

X B C D E
F G H I J

OR

Again:
Quote:
Linkage occurs at the start of the turn and cannot be broken. Lateral movement is allowed and all linked cars follow your lead.

Only one of your possibilities follows that rule...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your help.

I have edited the OP to reflect what you said, I think...

Let me know if its incorrect.

Now that we have established this and for those of you 'in the know' how does it differ from Grand Prix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.