Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this is pretty random, but in the most recent episode of "Difficult People" (A Hulu original), you can see Tikal on a shelf in the background. It's while Julie's at the hospital, and the shelf has what looks like a bunch of random jigsaw puzzles, and then...randomly, Tikal. Just found that amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shush Ruth
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screenshot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
So, this is pretty random, but in the most recent episode of "Difficult People" (A Hulu original), you can see Tikal on a shelf in the background. It's while Julie's at the hospital, and the shelf has what looks like a bunch of random jigsaw puzzles, and then...randomly, Tikal. Just found that amusing.

Part of RGG's marketing includes a firm that specializes in product placement on TV shows (and movies, as I recall seeing Race for the Galaxy and I think another RGG game in the man-cave shed stash in Gone Girl):
Re: HBO's Silicon Valley Episode, Arctic Scavengers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
coolpapa wrote:

Part of RGG's marketing includes a firm that specializes in product placement on TV shows (and movies, as I recall seeing Race for the Galaxy and I think another RGG game in the man-cave shed stash in Gone Girl):
Re: HBO's Silicon Valley Episode, Arctic Scavengers

That explains some things, like Dominion in that episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Feels like this type of marketing is just preaching to the choir, though....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
Here you go:

There are some other good games on that shelf, aren't there?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think I see Eight-Minute Empire and Piñata for starters....

And there are a couple of others that seem a bit familiar but that I can't quite call up the titles for, or that I want to double check....

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
coolpapa wrote:
Here you go:

There are some other good games on that shelf, aren't there?

I think I see Eight-Minute Empire and Piñata for starters....

And there are a couple of others that seem a bit familiar but that I can't quite call up the titles for, or that I want to double check....

cool

One of them almost looks like Piece o' Cake (also RGG), but the pic's so blurry, it's hard to tell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:

That explains some things, like Dominion in that episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Feels like this type of marketing is just preaching to the choir, though....

I think most marketing is kind of preaching to the choir though, right? (Have you ever known a bumpersticker to actually change someone's opinion?! )

But where I think it's effective is when someone knows ABOUT something but they haven't purchased it yet. It's already on their radar. Then they see the product placement, and it reinforces itself on their consciousness. Might give them a nudge to eventually buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
One of them almost looks like Piece o' Cake (also RGG), but the pic's so blurry, it's hard to tell!

We need one of those spiffy image enhancers that all the TV cops have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:

We need one of those spiffy image enhancers that all the TV cops have!

And all the Star Trek Enterprise ships!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
Here you go:

Still working, need to give my eyeballs a rest!! wow

Obviously there is a chess board, and maybe
Scattergories.... and double-maybe Hecho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is Piece O' Cake, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are others. Tikal just jumped out at me immediately. I don't know if it's possible to get a less blurry shot or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.