Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been hard at work with the guys over at Succubus Publishing on Middara's many game components and decided to make an official thread to showcase the progress made so far and in the future.

Please note that the content uploaded is NOT FINAL and still undergoing play testing/review. Some terminology has changed or will change but the layouts are basically finalised. However please feel free to point out any typos that are floating about!

New Dice color swatches revised so they are better for color blind Players tested on white and black backgrounds

Dice Player Aids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see the graphics overhaul, liking the new graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the ability cards have now been laid out and proofed. They are also going through some final play testing to double check everything.

Below is some examples of the 5 Ability Categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New layout example for the Antagonist cards which are AI instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanfearious wrote:

I'm very happy the dingbat is staying (contrary to popular opinion, it does serve a functional purpose).

* Under HIVE MIND, "A Cave Sickles base attack" should be "A Cave Sickle's base attack".

* suggest that that sentence end "within its SOI" rather than "within SOI"

* I feel that "If an attack hits it makes another attack against the same target to a maximum of 3 consecutive attacks." is in desperate need of commas.

I Suggest:

"If an attack hits, it makes another attack against the same target, to a maximum of 3 consecutive attacks."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is not so clear the succession.

Are All the question exclusive or if i answer yes to all them the enemy make all the 3 step?

In the old cards i remeber there was a stop sentence as flow chart exit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mizenn wrote:
Is not so clear the succession.

Are All the question exclusive or if i answer yes to all them the enemy make all the 3 step?

In the old cards i remeber there was a stop sentence as flow chart exit.

You're probably thinking of 'Continue down' (fashioned 'CONTINUE DOWN' in the new style), rather than Stop. Cave Sickle is explained here (the same article shows CONTINUE DOWN in the Animate AI):

http://succubuspublishing.com/middara-mechanics-update-cave-...

And from the mechanics update 2

http://succubuspublishing.com/middara-mechanics-update-gamep...

"...Starting from the top of the box, check to see if the bolded statement is true. If it is not, continue down to the next bolded statement. Continue in this fashion until the bolded statement is true. The antagonist will activate in the manner listed below the true bolded statement. In some cases will instruct the player to “Continue down” meaning that they continue down until they find another true statement. Otherwise, the action will conclude the antagonist’s turn. If there is no true statement in the activation’s instructions box, then the antagonist will not activate."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. More clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dulcaoin wrote:
Lanfearious wrote:

I'm very happy the dingbat is staying (contrary to popular opinion, it does serve a functional purpose).

* Under HIVE MIND, "A Cave Sickles base attack" should be "A Cave Sickle's base attack".

* suggest that that sentence end "within its SOI" rather than "within SOI"

* I feel that "If an attack hits it makes another attack against the same target to a maximum of 3 consecutive attacks." is in desperate need of commas.

I Suggest:

"If an attack hits, it makes another attack against the same target, to a maximum of 3 consecutive attacks."

Thanks for picking those up. I'm still trying to figure out where its best to stick the comma's, lol.

I would also like to use "Within it's SOI" but I will have to check it fits on all the cards. Some of the cards are very full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
It's not "it's", it's "its".

It's = it is - this is never anything else; if it doesn't make sense to put "is" in, then take out the apostrophe.

Its = possessive - like a clingy girlfriend: she doesn't want anything between you and her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Caton
msg tools
dulcaoin wrote:

I don't agree with these commas. The original was, according to me, clear and readable. The first of the proposed commas makes the sentence grammatically invalid. The second comma I could agree to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeonJuggler wrote:
dulcaoin wrote:

I don't agree with these commas. The original was, according to me, clear and readable. The first of the proposed commas makes the sentence grammatically invalid. The second comma I could agree to.

It would be grammatically invalid WITHOUT the initial comma I suggested.

See Rule 10 here: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp

If you want something even more specific, see this rule: https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/writing/comma?10

Basically, the comma is separating the conditional from the consequence in an conditional sentence, where the comma is taking the place of "then". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_sentence

An example from (for example) the Star Wars Miniatures Game describing the Splash special ability:

If this character's attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 10 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 10 damage; save 11.

If I were actually the editor on this project (and not just making suggestions), I'd use this (in this context):

"If this attack hits, make another attack against the same target; repeat to a maximum of 3 consecutive attacks."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick sample page spread of the Beta Rulebook that I am working on.
This is still not finalised and pages/content may shift and be reworded. Also please not that the text has not been spell/grammar checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lil Ruub
United States
Western Delaware Co.
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these layouts look great and the updated dice colors and white/black boarders on the card really make them easy for me to distinguish despite my color blindness. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adventure book Design Samples Spoiler Free. Designs and content still subject to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the leather look. Great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
The artwork is amazing. This is one of the first games I had Kickstarted, and if it turns out how I hope it will I can get rid of all the other dungeon crawl type games I have, although I probably wont.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work, I like what I see! I am still in hope that we'll see localized adventure books over time. Playing the game and reading the story to the group will be so much better and way more atmospheric if it's in our own language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated 3D mockups for new card sizes

Updated Playmat concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.