Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » General

Subject: Should I wait for the 2nd edition or get the Deluxe edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The thing is, the Deluxe version has 3 extra factions and 2 extra tiles, which is incentive enough for me to want the Deluxe version.

But the second edition will come with overall better presentation and templating.

Argh, what to do?

And while I'm at it. For those of you who have also played Tiny Epic Defenders, which game is better to you?
And is the Deluxe edition of Defenders also worth it? (seems like it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
You can get Deluxe in 2nd edition as well.

TEK vs TED? They are so different. I like them both, but would give an edge to TEK. More going on and more decisions to make. Not as many coop fans in my play group so TED doesn't hit the table as often.

TED deluxe definitely worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks.

I missed the KickStarter, though. Anyway to still pledge?
On the KS page, I can't seem to figure out how, if there's a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
Thanks.

I missed the KickStarter, though. Anyway to still pledge?
On the KS page, I can't seem to figure out how, if there's a way.

There isn't a way to pledge for it. You will have to wait until it hits retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like TED. Too simple for solo, and with more people it's still too simple but it's also suffers from being more of multiplayer puzzle solving than a game, like so many other coops do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
So ebay will be the only way for me to get Deluxe...

Alright, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, considering the KS just ended, I would check Gamelyn Games website and maybe shoot Michael an email. They usually take pre-orders after a KS ends, so you could probably still pre-order a deluxe version of TEK 2e. That would be the route I would go if I was you, that way you are getting all the errata'd factions.

As for TED, I personally love the game. It's not nearly as "deep" as TEK in my opinion, but it's a fantastically light co-op game that plays from opening the box to closing it in about 20 min. For me, this makes is a GREAT game to play while we're waiting for other's to arrive on game night, as a nice after dinner game when you don't want something too heavy, and also I greatly enjoy playing it solo just for a little challenge. Also to be mentioned, it makes a great intro game, so if you have someone who's not really familiar with board games, this is a great way to get them into the hobby. All in all, I find TED is more than worth it. And of course, always go deluxe (again, my opinion only), but the extra content is well worth a few extra $$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the differences between the editions are very minor. I didn't even bother with the upgrade kit that was offered in the expansion KS campaign. I don't think there is any reason you need to get the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to pick up a Deluxe Edition copy from Game Salute at Gen Con 2015. It has all the Kickstarter exclusive content in it and the extra war dice. If you are a convention goer, you might be able to pick up the KS version of the 2nd edition without having to resort to ebay (or the GeekMarket).

I haven't played it yet, but after reading about how broken the two player mode is, I think the upgrade kit sounds appealing. I realize I could use the PDF of the rules, but for me, the professionally printed rulebook and the other iconography/component upgrades would be a great way to make what I have better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.