Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Umut Cagirgan
Turkey
Izmir
Select One
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My opponent completed the plot quest which makes you able to return a corruption whenever you build a building. Then he completes the quest which makes you put all 3 buildings in the builder's hall without paying their costs to the game. Does he return only 1 corruption back to the corruption track or 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean this plot quest?

It says "purchase." If your opponent did not purchase the building, then she does not get to use the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it would actually be zero corruption, not 1 or 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Umut Cagirgan
Turkey
Izmir
Select One
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, that's the plot quest Downey and other quest I am talking about is Threaten the Builder's Guild. It says put, not purchase, so no corruption is returned I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:

It says "purchase." If your opponent did not purchase the building, then she does not get to use the ability.

I concur.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Teamski wrote:
downeymb wrote:

I concur.

-Ski

Seconded. Motion carried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared S.

Ohio
msg tools
Also note, you do not return corruption to the corruption track with this plot quest. You place a corruption token from your tavern onto any action space on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Weddle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could change the title to include "Defame Rival Business" so it would be easily searchable for others to reference? I'm sure you are not the only one who has wondered about this. I enjoy how helpful the BGG community is. Great explanation.

On a side note, my wife & I played this expansion for the first time last night....and stayed up a little too late playing it. She completed this plot quest in the first two rounds and finished the game with only 2 corruption. She had been taking quite a few of them in the later rounds & she was up to 6 corruption at one time.Good to know we played it correctly. We finished with four different spots having corruption markers still on them. My wife even added a corruption to one of the Skullport spots that already had corruption so if we took it (Which I did in round 7) we had to take 2 corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.