Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Risk: Game of Thrones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fortifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The special unit, "Fortification" is stated in the rules to give all defensive rolls a 8 sided die. Yet the printed chit says it is +1 to all defense dice.

Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: I design games for myself. It doesn't matter if others don't play them!Microbadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: 2013 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: 2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest participant
This has been answered elsewhere:

The printed power on the chip pieces is correct, and the text in the rules is wrong. We apologize for the confusion, as this was an oversight that was missed in the proofing process as the game went through development. Please play with the +1 to all Defense Dice power. We are addressing the error in the rules and it will be revised for future print runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello,

In my Hasbro 2017 edition, there is written in the rules and on the piece "Replace all 6-sided with 8-sided dice"

What is correct ? Former USAopoly informations ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: The Hobbit is the best thing Tolkien ever wrote!Microbadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: The Battle of Five Armies fanMicrobadge: Level 09 BGG poster
LordOdysseus wrote:
Hello,

In my Hasbro 2017 edition, there is written in the rules and on the piece "Replace all 6-sided with 8-sided dice"

What is correct ? Former USAopoly informations ?
Interesting, that suggests USAopoly changed their mind on reconciling the discrepancy. Is your edition German or English?

Personally, in this case I would go with 8-sided dice, which creates more variability (1-8 v. 2-7 per die).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Hasbro in English 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: The Hobbit is the best thing Tolkien ever wrote!Microbadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: The Battle of Five Armies fanMicrobadge: Level 09 BGG poster
Well, if they went to the trouble of changing the counters in the updated edition, I would play it that way. After several plays in large (6-7 player) groups, I think there are a lot of things that should be house-ruled to make a better game, but that's a longer discussion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls