Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Fogel
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help!

I'm a dummy and signed myself up for an ACTS game without understanding what it was I was getting into. I guess I thought it was a fully automated system, but it looks like it's simply a method of tracking moves via email?

I'm in over my head and don't know what to do. Is there an FAQ or a quick crash course somehow on how ACTS works somewhere -- I can't find one.

When it's my turn...uh...what do I do and how do I do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing I know of, but to play and learn it. I started a 2p game if you want to work your way through one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fogel
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess what I'm wondering is...do I roll and move on my board at home and use ACTS to send it along or does ACTS itself act as the board and auto-generate the moves and recruiting messages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS itself is the board and does the moves, maintains the piece's positions, sends the messages, and updates the Game Journal for everything that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS rolls the dice for you. Look at someone else's Titan game on ACTS to get the general idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fogel
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the hand-holding, everyone!

Finally figured it out. I think options appeared when it was my turn that weren't present earlier. Either that or I didn't scroll down enough to see them. *cough*

The answer to my question (that I didn't ask correctly) was: ACTS is a web-based interface. Moves are sent out by email, but all movement/rolls/mustering are handled via a clickable web interface. Email is not used for anything but to send out the results of the web-based interface.

Consider me slightly embarrassed, but glad to have pieced things together in time that I didn't ruin these gents' game!

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.