Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Allen
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you start a line, do you have to buy a train for that line on the same turn? I'm blanking out on finding this in the rules.

We played it that way first game, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if not the cards you played as train lines on that turn that don't have rails go into your income pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
Yes, if not the cards you played as train lines on that turn that don't have rails go into your income pile.

This can be found on the bottom of page 5 of the rules under - 5. Draw New Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Allen
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The rules do state that, but I'm dubious. I suspect that it's optional, in case you need money at some point in the game. Designer, please clarify.

laphilfan wrote:
Papa Ninja wrote:

This can be found on the bottom of page 5 of the rules under - 5. Draw New Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
The rules do state that, but I'm dubious. I suspect that it's optional, in case you need money at some point in the game. Designer, please clarify.

laphilfan wrote:
Papa Ninja wrote:

It's in both versions of the rules (check out Miwi's run through of the German version) so I'm not sure why there's any question. That rule definitely drives the game and forces you to make difficult decisions. The game would lose almost of its tension if you could just play cards without a train card. Plus it would allow you to play high cards of a color that you don't want to screw the person you're playing against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
I missed it in the rules somehow. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.