Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action Die Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I pay for an action that I want to use?

What do the exclamation points mean?

Do I have to purchase the action dice first to use its action?

What about Global actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To use a basic action, first you must purchase one of the dice from the action you want. Then you have to draw and roll it. If it rolls an exclamation, you may then do that corresponding action on your current turn. If it has an asterisk with the exclamation, then the card will tell you if you do something in addition or instead. If the die says "2" then you have two generic energy to spend and don't get the action.

Globals can be used by either player whether or not you own the card or have a corresponding die in play. It's always available so long as you can pay the appropriate energy to activate that global from your ready area.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Cortez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Basic Action Dice cost from 2 to 5 energy. You can use any energy to purchase Basic Action Dice as long as you pay the amount printed in the top left, like other cards. After you purchase these dice, like any other they go to your used pile then to your dice bag then to your reserve pool. Roll during you roll/re roll phase. If it lands on the exclamation point you may use the cards text, it's ability. If you roll its 2 face you may use this as basic energy.

Global Actions are a different story and may be used during different times. During yours and your opponents Main Step, some globals you may trigger during a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the cost to play a Global the number in the top left corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the cost to play a global is the number icons indicated in the global text. So if it says to pay a lighting bolt, you only pay one bolt. If it has two of an icon, you pay two. That's separate from the number up top (which is the cost to buy of the dice.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.