Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Nightfall» Forums » General

Subject: New player - what to select between base game and stand-alone expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathijs van Dijk
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I want to pick up Nightfall but only one box, which product will give me the most enjoyable repeat play from all the sets according to you?

Is it still the base game or is one of the later standalone expansions a better proposition to play 'as is'?

Thanks a bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
KleinePino wrote:
Say I want to pick up Nightfall but only one box, which product will give me the most enjoyable repeat play from all the sets according to you?

Is it still the base game or is one of the later standalone expansions a better proposition to play 'as is'?

Thanks a bunch.

The base game is the best place to start. It doesn't have a huge replay value but that's true for the other sets as well. It all depends on how often you'd like to play the game.
With two big box sets you'll have enough cards to play forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Burcham
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going oop? Im wondering how quickly i should buy the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
I like them all and mixed all the cards together so I really don't remember what is in each set anymore, so can't give a good recommendation on which one to start with. The last expansion/base set Nightfall: Eastern Skies is definitely out of print and hard to find. It had a very small print run. If you can find it for a decent price, it's worth getting. All of the other base sets and expansions had much higher print runs so can still be found. However, I'm pretty sure that AEG isn't re-printing any of it anymore, so your ability to get them will vary. Some of the promo cards are difficult to find as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the "Eternal Darkness Bundle"; you pay little more than a base set and you get both the original base set and Martial Law, another base set.

But that was some time ago...

Now, if only I could find a Nightfall Players Bundle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
K____ wrote:
I got the "Eternal Darkness Bundle"; you pay little more than a base set and you get both the original base set and Martial Law, another base set.

But that was some time ago...

Now, if only I could find a Nightfall Players Bundle...

If you're ever in Florence send me a PM, I'd love to get Nightfall to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.