6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games with a campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Feber
msg tools
Hey guys,

thx for all those recommendations in my other thread. This time I am looking for a campaign game.
I played imperial assault recently and I loved it, except the very basic game mechanic Somehow I feel like I aleady played anything like that much too often to interest me anymore.
But this whole story aspect is cool, the leveling and taking equipment with into the next mission is nice. The epic scale of a game, this massive adventure structure seems appealing to me.
What's else out there?
Descent seems to be pretty similar to that, I played the lotr lcg which is nice but doesnt really fit here. I am going to buy mage knight soon which isnt the same aswell of course.
I have read about pathfinder, do you recommend it? Also some kickstarter, which I always miss... (Mistfall, Gloomhaven (still to come) and Middara.)
Deckbuilding mechanism would be nice! Is pathfinder like that? (not deckbuiling like lotr lcg but like in dominion?)

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Thomas,

I've played both LOTR LCG and Dominion, but not Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, however from what I've seen in reviews it's not like either of them.

Until I'd read your last paragraph I was all prepared to suggest Pathfinder ACG as the game you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign HaiThanyou!:devil:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How 'bout Arcadia Quest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deckbuilding in Pathfinder is not quite like Dominion. Throughout a scenario, you acquire cards to add to your deck. At the end of each scenario, you then need to reduce your deck back to a set size, choosing which cards of those you acquired to keep and which to remove. Your deck changes much more gradually than in Dominion. After a given scenario, you may end up keeping only a couple of new cards.

I suggest you give it a try. You might be able to find some sets of the first adventure path cheap here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustOneMoreBanana wrote:
I have read about pathfinder, do you recommend it?
Nope! It's a repetitive and boring game.
D&D: Temple of Elemental Evil is the first D&D Adventure System board game featuring a 'real' campaign.

Also +1 for Arcadia Quest if you don't mind a little PvP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.