Recommend
38 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

M.U.L.E. The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: They should include this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On CD, or even better, one of those little things that plays music when you open a greeting card. It should play this when you open the manual...
54 
 Thumb up
5.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb

This was actually considered

But, these greeting cards that play, come usually from China. With game otherwise made in Germany, we didn't want to add a China component into it. Scheduling these at the time frame we have would've been too much.

Lautapelit.fi

72 
 Thumb up
7.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
toniemn wrote:

This was actually considered :)


:D

i hope the game involves going outside, running towards each other and making high fives to seal a deal.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Commodore 64 version definitely was the best for the music whistle You would be surprised what the NES version forgot to port over, they missed some key game elements was so sad if you had played other versions first.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
With game otherwise made in Germany
The game's manufactured in germany?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
rashktah wrote:
Quote:
With game otherwise made in Germany
The game's manufactured in germany?


Yes.
It's cardboard and wooden pieces, they do that sort of stuff well in Germany.

Lautapelit.fi
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:
The Commodore 64 version definitely was the best for the music whistle You would be surprised what the NES version forgot to port over, they missed some key game elements was so sad if you had played other versions first.


The Atari 8-bit version came first being one of few games to take advantage of 4 joystick ports... anything else was just a pale facsimile.
12 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
rashktah wrote:
Quote:
With game otherwise made in Germany
The game's manufactured in germany?


Yes.
It's cardboard and wooden pieces, they do that sort of stuff well in Germany.

Lautapelit.fi
I'm from Germany ... where can I pick up my copy?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Crap Mark! As an older guy who enjoyed many games of MULE in the mid-80's, thanks for bringing back a long-forgotten memory....
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sheley
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
"You caught the Mountain Wampus!"
badge
"He gave you his treasure chest to let him go free again."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
fsnam wrote:
The Commodore 64 version definitely was the best for the music whistle You would be surprised what the NES version forgot to port over, they missed some key game elements was so sad if you had played other versions first.


The Atari 8-bit version came first being one of few games to take advantage of 4 joystick ports... anything else was just a pale facsimile.


Agreed, the Atari version is the definitive version!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikesheley wrote:
adreeve wrote:
fsnam wrote:
The Commodore 64 version definitely was the best for the music whistle You would be surprised what the NES version forgot to port over, they missed some key game elements was so sad if you had played other versions first.


The Atari 8-bit version came first being one of few games to take advantage of 4 joystick ports... anything else was just a pale facsimile.


Agreed, the Atari version is the definitive version!

Seconded...errr...thirded?

I'm just going to put that clip playing in a loop in the background when this is played. Should drive my fellow players nuts enough that I can win!! devil
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
mikesheley wrote:
adreeve wrote:
fsnam wrote:
The Commodore 64 version definitely was the best for the music whistle You would be surprised what the NES version forgot to port over, they missed some key game elements was so sad if you had played other versions first.


The Atari 8-bit version came first being one of few games to take advantage of 4 joystick ports... anything else was just a pale facsimile.


Agreed, the Atari version is the definitive version!

Seconded...errr...thirded?

I'm just going to put that clip playing in a loop in the background when this is played. Should drive my fellow players nuts enough that I can win!! devil


THE NES version featured 4 player play, with an adaptor, and also had speech. It did lack the speeding up of selling goods, as the Atari version did.

I ended up humming the theme song tonight while playing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.