Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched Rahdo's runthrough of this game and I thought it looked quite interesting. I also see that it will be for sale at Essen this year and I am considering picking up a copy.

However, I am interested in how this game plays as a solo game. For those of you that play the solo game, would you mind sharing your thoughts on how it has held up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gauss
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot of fun and ranks among my top 5 solo-games (together with Mage Knight Board Game, Time of Soccer,Fields of Fire and Ambush!. You might get an 'epic' impression of the solo-gameplay in my session-report 'That's why they call me Dr. Congo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's a great solo game - challenging and with enough variability to make it very replayable. One of my favourite solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very decent solo game, though it doesn't quite give the flavour of the full multi-player game.

What you miss out on: The auction for taking control of officials. The chance to upset your rival's plans. The use of the full board. (What I mean by this last comment is that when you play solo you can't possibly keep all the insurgents under control across the whole country, so you end up focussing on a small area of the board and let the rest of the the country slide into anarchy.)

What keeps it interesting: The dice rolling adds an element of risk. You never know whether you will be able to afford a minister just when you need that particular minister - or indeed whether, having forked out your hard earned dough, they are going to prove useful or not. The support cards dealt out each round trigger different approaches rather than the solo game being a 'once-solved-it-ceases-to-be-fun' type of puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.