Hide
4 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does "advance the active mystery" affect an AO's final mystery? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Wolf
msg tools
During my last game, we had solved all the required mysteries and were tackling the AO's final mystery when an encounter card instructed us to "advance the active mystery".

I wasn't sure if the final mystery counted as an "active mystery" (although there wasn't any other mystery ongoing) in this context. It seemed too easy a way to win the game.

Is there any official word on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From another thread here. Has been an official answer from the game designer:
Nikki Valens wrote:
The Final Mystery is not the active Mystery. As such, “advance the active Mystery” and “solve the active Mystery” effects will not affect the Final Mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, nope. The Final Mystery is a separate thing and is never the Active Mystery.

Per FFG:

Quote:
The Final Mystery is not the active Mystery. As such, “advance the active Mystery” and “solve the active Mystery” effects will not affect the Final Mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually makes me wish they hadn't called the Final Mystery a "mystery" then. If they had called it a "Final Task" or something else, there wouldn't be this confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.