4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Marvel Based (hobby/boredom made) Triple Triad Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Powell
msg tools
Hi All,

I am new to this site as just recently getting into a bit of board gaming, have yet to hit anything too heavy yet but hopefully looking to learn whilst i browse the site.

I was wondering if people are fans of the good old final fantasy mini game (triple triad) i was looking online trying to find similar games "Lords of War" seeming to be the closest i could find. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great (i've been told summoner wars but not fully convinced yet)

I have however out of boredom started to create my own cards (marvel characters to which of course i do not own the artwork for but just used for trial purposes) I have attached a couple of the cards i have created so far.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to print custom cards, custom play mats, and if anyone has thoughts on adding in additional cards such as "Action Cards" to mix up the standard rules a bit, plus i want this to be a standalone game so a way to deck build before playing so that its as even steven as possible during a game.

Any feedback/advice/kind words/positive criticism welcomed and encouraged.

Look forward to reading any potential replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel beatenhead
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
sellswords is pretty close to a real triple triad- though the drafting and special powers make it a lot more meaty than the inspiration.
(I tried to put a video here but it kept breaking)

as for your second question... the marvel cards make that tricky. lot of print on demand services don't allow you to use art like that without permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Powell
msg tools
Hi Daniel,

thanks for the reply, i have found an online company that lets you custom print playing cards with images, and as its not for commercial use i might be able to do it. Obviously i would never be able to do this commercially, just for a way to play without access to physical cards to purchase (ebay has original triple triad cards but they are extortionate)

I will have a look at sellswords, thank you for the suggestion.

I would love to create a fully fledged version of the game, with custom artwork and rules etc etc but just dont have the resources to achieve it, thus opted for the marvel option as my try at home choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Powell
msg tools
sellswords looks like a great little triad alternative, thank you very much for the suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.