Subject: How many species boards should be in the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just got my kickstartered edition of Evolution, and the rulebook says that there should be 24 species boards, while I only have 22 that came with it.

Assuming that the rulebook is correct, should missing two boards be a problem when playing the game? (I emailed Northstargames about it yesterday, not heard back yet though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you never go through all of them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or at least, very rarely, and not for long. We had one game where a guy tried to just go nuts with hordes of small creatures, but they quickly died out to starvation and a couple nibbles from a carnivore. The only time it might be an issue is in a 6 player game, but even then it's rare for everyone to keep 4 species alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyi their customer service pretty swamped, and it took a week to get a response after I contacted them, but they resolved the issue, so don't fret!

What you have isn't game breaking anyways and can easily play for the time being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Ok, I sent them a note through the webmail on their website, so I'll see what happens. Sounds like I'm definitely two short though, right?

Anyway it seems it's not going to break anything so I can live with it for now. I wonder if it affected others who got the kickstarter version though?

And huh. I've got about 50-60 boardgames (more expansions) and this is the first time I've ever found that stuff was missing or not right with the contents!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up with spares, I'd be happy to take some off of your hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.