Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lady Thor with Focus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Hix
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
So I was in a game yesterday with Lady Thor and Silver Surfer. I was using the SS card that let you focus 2 to draw a card. So throughout the game I built up to 6 recruit then spent it to draw cards then play a lady Thor card and get the effect whether 2 attack/ draw card etc.

This seemed fine to me since I made 6 recruit earlier in the turn whether I had it at the time of playing the lady Thor card. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards with me currently, but I believe your interpretation is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jacob.

Lady Thor: Mysterious Origin wrote:
Once per turn, if you made at least 6[RECRUIT] this turn, draw a card.

Since "made" is past tense, all that matters is that you've passed that threshold at some point since the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To piggy back on this...if I have two of the same Lady Thor cards with the "once per turn" clarification, and I get to 6 recruit, do both cards kick in and I can draw a card twice or get +2 attack twice?Obviously I can't draw twice off the same card and I'm guessing the "once per turn" rule is for that specific card and not overall gameplay? For some reason this has been bothering me and it's probably a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRosenRosen wrote:
To piggy back on this...if I have two of the same Lady Thor cards with the "once per turn" clarification, and I get to 6 recruit, do both cards kick in and I can draw a card twice or get +2 attack twice?Obviously I can't draw twice off the same card and I'm guessing the "once per turn" rule is for that specific card and not overall gameplay? For some reason this has been bothering me and it's probably a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

This is correct. You have two copies of the card so each instance that you make the requirement it goes off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRosenRosen wrote:

I think Devin Low answered that exact question here:
Re: Lady Thor and Old man Logan concerns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! And thanks for the link. Apologies, Shoulda looked a little harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.