Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2ed rules:

An interesting question came up last night. In the rulebook section 9.0 (shared activations) it states that multiple fresh units can be activated together. However, in section 9.2 (group action details) the first example referencing figure 18 states that "CAPs instead of APs are paid because Rifle B does not want to share LMG A's activation". In this example LMG A had already spent 1AP to move, implying that Rifle B could have chosen to begin sharing LMG A's activation from its now-depleted AP pool. Is this possible, implying that a moving unit could essentially "pick up" another unit along the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Until the AP pool depletes, any fresh unit on the board can use AP regardless of what other units may have used those AP on an earlier turn. Once the pool depletes, however, any and all units that used AP are spent (and can't use AP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Until the AP pool depletes, any fresh unit on the board can use AP regardless of what other units may have used those AP on an earlier turn. Once the pool depletes, however, any and all units that used AP are spent (and can't use AP).

Thanks! That's how we handled it, but I know I've missed out on similar opportunities in the past. Which is the only possible reason that I lost those firefights. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
I should add that strictly speaking, any fresh unit is a candidate for using AP. Whether a given unit can use AP in fact depends on whether it can act (e.g. is adjacent to other acting units, can see a target, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.