Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Hostage Negotiator: Abductor Pack 1» Forums » General

Subject: Terror Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

there are some terror cards in this pack that don't have the Face of this abductor, are these cards supposed to be always shuffled in the main Terror Deck unlike the ones that have the face of the abductor that only get shuffled in when you are facing that specific abductor?

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Hi,

there are some terror cards in this pack that don't have the Face of this abductor, are these cards supposed to be always shuffled in the main Terror Deck unlike the ones that have the face of the abductor that only get shuffled in when you are facing that specific abductor?

Thanks


Yes, the "faceless" cards can be used with abductor, whereas the ones with the abductors picture should be used with that specific one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikolajl wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Hi,

there are some terror cards in this pack that don't have the Face of this abductor, are these cards supposed to be always shuffled in the main Terror Deck unlike the ones that have the face of the abductor that only get shuffled in when you are facing that specific abductor?

Thanks


Yes, the "faceless" cards can be used with abductor, whereas the ones with the abductors picture should be used with that specific one.


Correct, but it is completely optional if you want to add them or not.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both

I'll add them
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
mikolajl wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Hi,

there are some terror cards in this pack that don't have the Face of this abductor, are these cards supposed to be always shuffled in the main Terror Deck unlike the ones that have the face of the abductor that only get shuffled in when you are facing that specific abductor?

Thanks


Yes, the "faceless" cards can be used with abductor, whereas the ones with the abductors picture should be used with that specific one.


Correct, but it is completely optional if you want to add them or not.

Just received the KS expansions today. I notice some of the expansion terror cards are faceless and some have a "grayed out" face. Is that just to identify them as expansion cards?

Likewise with the little red icons in the bottom right corner?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
vanrydergames wrote:
mikolajl wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Hi,

there are some terror cards in this pack that don't have the Face of this abductor, are these cards supposed to be always shuffled in the main Terror Deck unlike the ones that have the face of the abductor that only get shuffled in when you are facing that specific abductor?

Thanks


Yes, the "faceless" cards can be used with abductor, whereas the ones with the abductors picture should be used with that specific one.


Correct, but it is completely optional if you want to add them or not.

Just received the KS expansions today. I notice some of the expansion terror cards are faceless and some have a "grayed out" face. Is that just to identify them as expansion cards?

Likewise with the little red icons in the bottom right corner?


The red icon represents the Abductor Pack. For example all the AP4 cards have the red stop sign.

The abductor faces mean that the card should be played in a game against the said abductor and it is not recommended in games against other ones.

Cards without abductor faces can be used in any game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laurent
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have to use all the specific terrors cards against the abductor or can we mix them with all the terrors cards and then draw 10 cards ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should mix and draw 10 unless you prefer a higher concentration of expansion cards showing up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lamagie wrote:
Do we have to use all the specific terrors cards against the abductor or can we mix them with all the terrors cards and then draw 10 cards ?


Check out the full rules for each Abductor Pack.
They can be found on the Van Ryder Games website.

For example, for AP1 the rules state:

AP1 Rules wrote:
When setting up the game, if you would prefer that more of the new cards appear in the Terror Deck, shuffle the Terror Cards from the base game and then remove half back in the box. Now shuffle the expansion Terror Cards in with the remaining cards and take 10 at random per the normal setup rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
You should mix and draw 10 unless you prefer a higher concentration of expansion cards showing up.


ninja'd

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.