Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Pundyk
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
It plays very well solo. There is no hidden information of any significance, so there's no need to create any mechanisms to "fool yourself". I've played several of the shorter scenarios solitaire and am halfway through the Grand Campaign scenario at present. I'm having a blast.

In addition, because it is a game with lots of moving parts, by the time you get around to switching sides, you'll have forgotten some of the detail of what you are planning to do with the other side.

Finally, and most importantly, this game does a better job of portraying the Great War on a strategic scale than any other I've played - and I've played a lot of them. The design is elegant in that it doesn't use scripting to force you to act historically. Rather, the rules "encourage" historical play without putting the players in a straight-jacket. So not only is this an excellent game to solo, it's also an excellent game...period.

PS: I forgot to add that there are alternate diplomatic rules to trigger neutrals to enter the war on one side or another. These rules are ideal for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.