Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'm loosing track, how many of each sleeve packs is required?

For the Heroes, it seems that 1 pk will work: 31 Novice + 10 Journeyman; total 41 cards.
- As per the 50 additional Hero card from each Journeyman Expansion, note cards pictured on this link; e.g. Warrior...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey...

I don't know if this applies to all Heroes, but it seems to apply to the Base Heroes and Expansion Heroes (Outsider & Swashbuckler). And, also the Add-Ons for the Spriggan and Trickster Journeyman 2.0.

Not sure if Alchemist, Hunter, or Monk come with 10 Journeyman cards. Regardless, it seems that 1 pack of 50 sleeves will do.

But, the real question is for the Items.

Blue Items: 1 pk -> ?
Green Items: 1 pk -> ?
White Items: 1 pk -> ?
Brown Items: 1 pk -> ?
Orange Items: 1 pk -> ?
Gold Items: 1 pk -> ?
Slaughterfield: 1 pk -> ?

Does anyone know the final Item card counts?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was in the FAQ:
1 Card Sleeves - Colored Brown Item $5.00
1 Card Sleeves - Colored White Item $5.00
3 Card Sleeves - Colored Green Item $15.00
2 Card Sleeves - Colored Blue Item $10.00
1 Card Sleeves - Colored Orange Item $5.00
2 Card Sleeves - Colored Set (Gold) Item $10.00
1 Card Sleeves - Colored Slaughterfield $5.00
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha I haven't looked in the FAQ so long that I forgot. Thanks Marcus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I only looked tonight because I was doing the Pledge Manager!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
Heh, I only looked tonight because I was doing the Pledge Manager!

Are there any gold items yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked and I searched, which FAQ are you referring? Link?

Thanks a ton, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Rivera
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter Campaigned FAQ (almost at the bottom).

***Update on Item card sleeves (This is if you want sleeves for items that currently exist in Myth including Item Expansion 1, and if we unlock every Module and they are purchased)
Brown: 1 Pack
White: 1 Pack
Green: 3 Packs
Blue: 2 Packs
Orange: 1 Pack
Gold (Set): 2 Packs
Red (Slaughterfield): 1 Pack

Last updated: Sat, Mar 14 2015 5:11 PM EDT****

This is going to require my thinking cap.

This was done sometime ago (Thanks for whoever did it) http://pixelstricken.com/Myth_JM_Buyer_Guide.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hrrivera44 wrote:
Kickstarter Campaigned FAQ (almost at the bottom).

***Update on Item card sleeves (This is if you want sleeves for items that currently exist in Myth including Item Expansion 1, and if we unlock every Module and they are purchased)
Brown: 1 Pack
White: 1 Pack
Green: 3 Packs
Blue: 2 Packs
Orange: 1 Pack
Gold (Set): 2 Packs
Red (Slaughterfield): 1 Pack

Last updated: Sat, Mar 14 2015 5:11 PM EDT****

This is going to require my thinking cap.

Well, there you go... that was an official d'oh moment! Thanks for clearing the fog. Lesson learned. I will not walk and chew gum at the same time for the rest of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
short legs
msg tools
What about the regular 2.5 x 3.5 inches Myth sleeves? How many of those would we need if we want to sleeve all the new Darkness, enemy, and quest cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Be carefull the monsters, quests and trap cards are now double sided, you can't use the regular myth sleeves with them. Only for the Darkness and Merchant cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
sidefield wrote:
Hi All,

I'm loosing track, how many of each sleeve packs is required?

For the Heroes, it seems that 1 pk will work: 31 Novice + 10 Journeyman; total 41 cards.
- As per the 50 additional Hero card from each Journeyman Expansion, note cards pictured on this link; e.g. Warrior...

I don't know if this applies to all Heroes, but it seems to apply to the Base Heroes and Expansion Heroes (Outsider & Swashbuckler). And, also the Add-Ons for the Spriggan and Trickster Journeyman 2.0.

Not sure if Alchemist, Hunter, or Monk come with 10 Journeyman cards. Regardless, it seems that 1 pack of 50 sleeves will do.

But, the real question is for the Items.

Blue Items: 1 pk -> ?
Green Items: 1 pk -> ?
White Items: 1 pk -> ?
Brown Items: 1 pk -> ?
Orange Items: 1 pk -> ?
Gold Items: 1 pk -> ?
Slaughterfield: 1 pk -> ?

Does anyone know the final Item card counts?

Cheers

I think for the characters that get both light and dark journeyman options the total is 51 sleeves. 31 + 10 + 10. I'll let someone correct me on that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sidefield wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

I think for the characters that get both light and dark journeyman options the total is 51 sleeves. 31 + 10 + 10. I'll let someone correct me on that though.

Actually, I think it's 31 + 5 (light) + 5 (dark), see the "What's is NEW!" (about 3/4 of the page down) here...

That says 5 hero decks of light and dark.

You may be right, but I think it'd be 10 cards for either (10 light and 10 dark). Reason being if you choose to go down the light path, if I recall correctly, you may not add dark cards to your deck and vice versa. Therefore, if you only had 5 cards to do that with, while the "neutral" classes had 10 - that just seems weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
sidefield wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

Actually, I think it's 31 + 5 (light) + 5 (dark), see the "What's is NEW!" (about 3/4 of the page down) here...

You may be right, but I think it'd be 10 cards for either (10 light and 10 dark). Reason being if you choose to go down the light path, if I recall correctly, you may not add dark cards to your deck and vice versa. Therefore, if you only had 5 cards to do that with, while the "neutral" classes had 10 - that just seems weird.

I have been counting the base deck with 31, but there's really only 30. The 31st is a explanation card (not a part of your hero deck); e.g. Acolyte has the 31st card with Faith and Relics explained. So, even at 30 + 10 + 10 a pack of 50 sleeves should do.

Also, I think you still have to build your deck, so don't think you'll be playing with a player deck of 50 cards at all times, maybe never? This give the option to use a pack of 50 sleeves only for the cards you're playing, the cards you're not playing are safely stored (in the box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sidefield wrote:
reddish22 wrote:
sidefield wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

I have been counting the base deck with 31, but there's really only 30. The 31st is a explanation card (not a part of your hero deck); e.g. Acolyte has the 31st card with Faith and Relics explained. So, even at 30 + 10 + 10 a pack of 50 sleeves should do.

Also, I think you still have to build your deck, so don't think you'll be playing with a player deck of 50 cards at all times, maybe never? This give the option to use a pack of 50 sleeves only for the cards you're playing, the cards you're not playing are safely stored (in the box).

Yeah, the deck always stays at 25 cards I think so you can just switch them in and out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
sidefield wrote:
reddish22 wrote:
sidefield wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

Yeah, the deck always stays at 25 cards I think so you can just switch them in and out.

It could be more than 25 with agent cards that can be added without removing another card. But I agree that, if you only sleeve the cards in the current playable deck, and leave the others unsleeved until added, one pack of sleeves per hero should be plenty. It's possible you might want multiple decks (and sleeve packs) if you want to play different versions of the same hero in a game (male/female/light/dark, for example). The extra base hero card decks can be printed from the official 2.0 downloads or you can probably buy extra decks at some point (right now, you can get extra 2.0 base game hero cards for $6 in the JM KS pledge manager).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sidefield wrote:
[q="pirateclem"]
But, I have to admit I do not understand why each of the new expansion only has one new Hero (each) but 10 Journeyman cards (Pirate & Forsaken Hero)...

Each class has 10 cards at Journeyman. The heroes with 2 paths get 10 JM level cards in each expansion, 10 light and 10 dark. The pirate and Forsaken hero get 10 because they only have 1 path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful when buying the item sleeves. Unless MCG changed the specs on them, the sleeves are garbage. Way too big for the cards.

As a side note, its unfortunate that MCG didn't add color to the back of the item cards during this reprint/upgrade. The artwork is fine in distinguishing between them, however color would've been even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
Be careful when buying the item sleeves. Unless MCG changed the specs on them, the sleeves are garbage. Way too big for the cards.

As a side note, its unfortunate that MCG didn't add color to the back of the item cards during this reprint/upgrade. The artwork is fine in distinguishing between them, however color would've been even better.

I can not thumb this enough.

Alex Mod could you ask them if these new colored item sleeves are the same size as the old flame item cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jette Fire
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

Question asked during the JM Kickstarter:

Sir Wilhelm on March 17 wrote:

Any word on whether or not the item sleeves would be resized to better fit the item cards?

Response from MERCS:

Creator MERCS Miniatures on March 17 wrote:
We were working blind with the sleeve manufacturer before....just measurements. We will be sending them cards this time to insure a tighter fit and stress the need to make them more tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Traveler wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

Question asked during the JM Kickstarter:

Sir Wilhelm on March 17 wrote:

Any word on whether or not the item sleeves would be resized to better fit the item cards?

Response from MERCS:

Creator MERCS Miniatures on March 17 wrote:
We were working blind with the sleeve manufacturer before....just measurements. We will be sending them cards this time to insure a tighter fit and stress the need to make them more tough.

I'd still like to get clarification from them about this and make sure that is still the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sidefield wrote:

Unfortunately, I found the Myth sleeves to be of rather poor quality: some ripped when I put the cards in, others were frayed out and a few seemed to be printed off center. (Then again, I basically only use FFG and Ultra Pro sleeves so I am somewhat spoiled in that regard.) Counting on making everything work with just one pack of sleeves seems cutting it awfully close to me.

So it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and order another complete set of hero sleeves for the KS1 heroes plus two sets for the expansion heroes which will add quite a lot to my pledge. I think we're talking 14 packs here, that's 70$. Yikes.

Also, I am a bit puzzled that two packs of golden item sleeves are suggested. If I recall correctly, there were five set items tops in the entire first Kickstarter, including the Item Expansion and downloadable modules. Talk about power creep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IF you watch the détails of the expansion (click on it in the KS page) there is 20 gold cards per expansion, then there is some in IE3 i guess and in modules. It may not be 100 cards but it will be greater than 50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
sidefield wrote:

Unfortunately, I found the Myth sleeves to be of rather poor quality: some ripped when I put the cards in, others were frayed out and a few seemed to be printed off center. (Then again, I basically only use FFG and Ultra Pro sleeves so I am somewhat spoiled in that regard.) Counting on making everything work with just one pack of sleeves seems cutting it awfully close to me.

So it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and order another complete set of hero sleeves for the KS1 heroes plus two sets for the expansion heroes which will add quite a lot to my pledge. I think we're talking 14 packs here, that's 70$. Yikes.

Also, I am a bit puzzled that two packs of golden item sleeves are suggested. If I recall correctly, there were five set items tops in the entire first Kickstarter, including the Item Expansion and downloadable modules. Talk about power creep...

Yep, I'm with on your description of Myth Sleeves. My first choice is usually Ultra Pro. But, I'm finding that Mayday has good sleeves for "mini" decks (including Euro), the premium actually fits better than Ultra Pro (pictured, far right). Who would have thunk?

In regards to Myth sleeves, I'm only really concentrating on the new Hero sleeves. As was mentioned by Endevor the monsters, traps and quest cards are double sided.

In regards to the Items, I'm not too fussed either. Armoredgear7 has sweet backings that can be printed and inserted into clear sleeves, I'm currently using them.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116612/myth-items-colour-...

Maybe there's no real need to purchase Item sleeves that may or may not be good quality. Actually, the quality is one thing, the size is my beef. The original items sleeves were huge in comparison to the item cards and were a tight fit when placed on the Hero Board.

For that matter, why are the standard and mini sized sleeves the same price for the same quantity? Shouldn't the mini's be cheaper somehow?

Just my two cents, or maybe some sense to save dollars?!?!

***Edit**
The new Myth Update has some info confirming quantities..

What number of colored sleeves do I need to buy the items?

This covers all items from base game and all expansions: 1 pack brown, 1 pack white, 3 pack green, 1 pack blue, 2 pack gold, 1 pack orange, 1 pack red, 1 pack purple (this is being added in early September).

One less Blue. And, add one PURPLE?!?!

**End Edit***
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little off topic, but here we go.

For standard size cards I use KMC Perfect Size sleeves. Love em. Excellent fit, great protection, and thin for super stackability. I use FFG Mini Euro for the Myth item cards. Excellent protection, good fit (perfect width, 1-2mm too long), and too thick for good stackability.

Does anyone know of a mini euro sleeve that is close to the KMC in quality and stackability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they fix the size I would love to get the colored item sleeves. Here's to hoping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.