Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the Kickstarter Q/A:

Quote:
The variant occurs during the drafting. Both players receive hands of 9 as usual and a stack of 9 face down cards. Before you select a card from the hand, draw one card from the face down pile. Choose one card and discard a card and pass the hand as usual. That way the other player does not have perfect knowledge.
I am translating this from the German rules. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say

I'm on the fence. Neutral draft pool sounds kinda finicky, and with only 2 players it's guaranteed that both players will end up taking a treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having only played two player so far, in more than one round, one player was unable to take treasure in one dungeon due to having no cards of that color. The importance of getting a better treasure in another dungeon took precidence.

While I think the official variant works well in most ways, the only thing I don't like is with the addition of the cursed treasure from the expansion, it's impossible to force someone to take it. You always have a hand of 10 cards to choose from, even when taking your ninth card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Having only played two player so far, in more than one round, one player was unable to take treasure in one dungeon due to having no cards of that color. The importance of getting a better treasure in another dungeon took precidence.

While I think the official variant works well in most ways, the only thing I don't like is with the addition of the cursed treasure from the expansion, it's impossible to force someone to take it. You always have a hand of 10 cards to choose from, even when taking your ninth card.

Actually, I had the rule wrong. Forgot to always discard a card to the discard pile, thus whittling down the hand size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the two player is no good on this? Anyone have updated impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Herdter
United States
Strasburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
So, the two player is no good on this? Anyone have updated impressions?

2 player rules are pretty good. Some reviews have described it as a dummy player, but I disagree. It is not a dummy player. The drafting phase is just done a little different. I think it works very well. I just played it with my 12 year old son and he beat me by 10 points. Even though I lost, I really want to play it again. That is a good sign to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.